What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari local database

prohit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to IPAD and have few query regarding safari web browser like below:

> For any website if using websql or localstoreage it is going to store in .sqllite file in some location in safari installation path so Where does safari browser keep this file as we can see some path for safari in Mac machine and we can browse that file but not sure how to browse this file in IPad.

Anybody can suggest me if it can be browsed in IPAD

Thanks
Rohit

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, this is rather spotty information on my part, because I'm not into jailbreaking.

Any local storage Safari uses can be seen in Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data. All you can do is delete it, site by site; or if you Clear Cookies and Data it will delete everything.

If it is possible to view these files directly, it will be on a jailbroken device using iFile on the iPad, and/or a device browsing program on a Mac or PC. The members in the Hacking section might be able to offer further guidance on this subject.

I recommend you ask a moderator to move your thread to that area for further attention.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I have moved this to the Hacking Section.

Thank you, Twerppoet for your recommendation!

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Most reactions