What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Ipad!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I am syncing my ipad, while I am gone. Is that not a good idea? I have a few other questions too.

Can you use your computer while it is syncing? I don't see why not. I am...

Also at the bottom of iTunes it states:

162 items, 10.3 hours, 1.2 GB

Exactly what does that mean? I know that I must have 162 items in my iPad and the space used is 1.2GB. Is that a lot?

But what does 10.3 hours mean?

Thanks Guys!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was fast. Mine took me almost 2 hours.

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use the computer while syncing, as you've already determined, unless the computer is low on resources, in which case I wouldn't touch it. Just don't unplug during sync, or you could see some nastiness.

My first sync took forever, but now when I plug it in, it only syncs changes and it's done pretty quickly.

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com

Exactly what does that mean?

Did you select the iPad itself in iTunes? If not, it probably doesn't refer to the iPad, but to the iTunes library on your computer. It means you have 162 songs, that take up 1.2 GB of disk space and it would take 10.3 hours to play them all.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Exactly what does that mean?

Did you select the iPad itself in iTunes? If not, it probably doesn't refer to the iPad, but to the iTunes library on your computer. It means you have 162 songs, that take up 1.2 GB of disk space and it would take 10.3 hours to play them all.

No I didn't. Should I have? I just plugged it in and it stated up top, "syncing to iPad"

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com
No, it's not necessary to select the iPad, but then the information you see at the bottom in iTunes has nothing to do with the iPad. It is indeed the number of music files in your library and how long it will take to play them.

If you want to see some info about the iPad, select it. You will see a bar with colored parts showing how much disk space apps take, music takes, movies take, etcetera. It will not tell you the number of files however, and it will not tell you the time it will take to synchronize.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You So Much! Even though I don't have to sync it, can I still plug it back in and select 'ipad' for addtional information?

I want to get that colored info bar ~ I think that is what it is, that you were talking about ~ as a wall paper. Would that not be cool?

Or not!:eek:

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com
Thank You So Much! Even though I don't have to sync it, can I still plug it back in and select 'ipad' for addtional information?

Of course you can. In iTunes, you can set that the iPad will automatically sync as soon as it's connected, or that you want to do that manually. Set it to manually, so you can connect it without it starting to sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts