What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HUGE problem after Sync... Help Please!!

John L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iphone and ipad that I sync with a Windows XP PC.

I sync the calendar, email, notes, and contacts on the iPhone and Ipad with MS Outlook on the desktop PC. Been working like a gem for a while now.

The other night, I go to sync the iPhone and iTunes says that a newer software version is available for iPhone. I approve it to update the 4.3 OS to OS 4.3.1. All good.

Same night I sync the iPad. Same notice. I update it also. (not sure what version it was though, 4.3 I think?).

Anyway, next morning I pull up MS Outlook on the desktop PC and am shocked to find ALL CALENDAR ENTRIES GONE!! except for the last 2 weeks. 3 years worth of stuff previous to the last 2 weeks... all gone. Email is fine, Notes are fine, Contacts are fine. I check the iPhone and iPad and they have the exact same deletions, perfectly in sync with the desktop PC.

I dont know what I did? I have sync'd and updated these devices many times and never had a problem. The missing calendar entries are VERY important to my business and I am really dying here. Any advice to help me get this info back would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Your iTunes update deleted your calendar from Outlook? Hmmm... did you look for the calendar in Outlook? I use Windows 7 so this might be a bit different but in MS Outlook click "Go" then "Calendars". Look to see that your calendars didn't get unchecked during the process. Check the correct calendar.

On the iPad go to "Setting" then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" then at the bottom of the screen tap "Default Calendar" then tap the correct calendar.

I'm not sure if this is the answer but its worth a try.

Most reactions