What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

surprise mother's day ipad!

Purpodiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was very surprised to hear that my husband and Mac owning daughter got me an ipad for Mother's day. I am very excited and am anxious to learn as much as I can before it arrives in a few days. I am a new school teacher but am in my 50's so not what we call in education a "digital native" I am happy to have found this forum online and have been reading the articules about the ipad. I am also getting a keyboard dock and hook up for the TV monitor. Any suggestions, comments or warnings are welcome.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome! 56 here, and you will find many 50+ folks in these parts.....

What an excellent Mothers day gift, you are a lucky mom :)

Had my iPad for 5 weeks now. Hardly ever turn on the desktop or laptop anymore. Heck, hardly set at a desk anymore! I know folks get the dock and use monitors sometimes, but it really kind of defeats the whole point of an iPad. I now sit on the couch or chair, or in the back yard instead of a desk:D

And in case you didn't guess... I am crazy about my iPad. Most useful and Fun gadget I ever owned.....

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was very surprised to hear that my husband and Mac owning daughter got me an ipad for Mother's day. I am very excited and am anxious to learn as much as I can before it arrives in a few days. I am a new school teacher but am in my 50's so not what we call in education a "digital native" I am happy to have found this forum online and have been reading the articules about the ipad. I am also getting a keyboard dock and hook up for the TV monitor. Any suggestions, comments or warnings are welcome.

Congrats! I own a 3g 64GB myself, and my wife is absolutely in love wth it, so I bought her one for Mother's Day as well. It still is on backorder, and I simply told her "you have a gift coming"...she doesnt know what it is yet. You seem like you may have gotten notification that you'll have yours in a couple of days? I'm curious. I haven't gotten anything yet (I actually ordered from MacMall to avoid the taxes.

OP
P

Purpodiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have a laptop so that may be why the dock was included in my gift.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!!:)

lol.

Jimbobboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you have read your books in Ibooks, can your turn them back in to a used book section, or remove them, or maybe turn them into the local library. Don't want to waste them or just delete if there is a better option. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts