What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Introduction Thread

Bryan M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a long-time gearhead who started on a TRS-1, changed to C-64 (have you seen the NEW ones? wow!), then to the first Mac Plus, then to 8088 MS-DOS based systems, then to...well, I've used a lot of stuff and am now trying out the iPad 2. :)

I've been an educator for over 20 years and have taught every grade level as either a substitute or full time teacher. Currently, I'm at the community college level and have been teaching here for the last 15 years.

My intent is to try other tools my students have so that when they ask me questions, I am able to better answer them. Hence, the iPad 2. :ipad-front:

It has been really exciting so far, but not without it's snags. I was told that the VGA dongle is app specific and wouldn't work on our classroom data projection system. (True with iPad 1, but it *did* work on my VGA monitor on the iPad 2, so I still have some reading and testing to do.) I'm positive the HDMI dongle will be flawless...if only I could convince the school to replace all data projectors with ones with HDMI ports in them. :p

My first impression of the tablet is very positive...very impressed at how little battery power is lost overnight compared to my Dell laptop.

Anyway...here's to a new adventure!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Ah - the TRS1 - fond memories. I had loads of fun too with the old Motorola D1 evaluation kit - the good old 6800! Those were the days!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bryan M said:
Hello all!

I'm a long-time gearhead who started on a TRS-1, changed to C-64 (have you seen the NEW ones? wow!), then to the first Mac Plus, then to 8088 MS-DOS based systems, then to...well, I've used a lot of stuff and am now trying out the iPad 2. :)

I've been an educator for over 20 years and have taught every grade level as either a substitute or full time teacher. Currently, I'm at the community college level and have been teaching here for the last 15 years.

My intent is to try other tools my students have so that when they ask me questions, I am able to better answer them. Hence, the iPad 2. :ipad-front:

It has been really exciting so far, but not without it's snags. I was told that the VGA dongle is app specific and wouldn't work on our classroom data projection system. (True with iPad 1, but it *did* work on my VGA monitor on the iPad 2, so I still have some reading and testing to do.) I'm positive the HDMI dongle will be flawless...if only I could convince the school to replace all data projectors with ones with HDMI ports in them. :p

My first impression of the tablet is very positive...very impressed at how little battery power is lost overnight compared to my Dell laptop.

Anyway...here's to a new adventure!!!

Welcome Bryan

Most reactions

Latest posts