What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stumbling at the first hurdle

BodgerJones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought an iPad 2 and at first use am very impressed with everything. Setting up was very easy if a bit prolonged. However, there just has to be a however doesn't there, when I go into the app store to download YouTube I have to log in my Apple ID which I had previously done, and then I am confronted with a message advising I have update to IOS9 or more to activate the download. No problem I thought, off to settings to update, and here's where the fun starts. I am advised that IOS8 is ready for download. OK I thought perhaps there is a method to all this, I have to download IOS8 before I can progress to IOS9. Not so, it will not download IOS8 whatsoever and there is my impasse. What do I do where do I go from here. My battery is 100% and everything else is fine and dandy just that I can't access the app store,well I can but can't download anything from there without this wretched update which I am unable to proceed with. I'm going to feel a wee bit foolish if it's just a tweak here which for some reason I'm not seeing. Anyway hopefully someone has come across this hiccup before and can help me out. Thanks in anticipation. BJ

OP
B

BodgerJones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you connect the iPad to iTunes on your computer and restore it, it should end up on iOS 9.
Thanks for the prompt response, when you say connect iPad to iTunes and restore it, what exactly am I restoring, the iPad or iTunes, sorry if I'm asking the obvious here. BJ

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response, when you say connect iPad to iTunes and restore it, what exactly am I restoring, the iPad or iTunes, sorry if I'm asking the obvious here. BJ
You’re restoring the iPad. You click on the restore button in iTunes on the computer when the iPad is connected. If you have anything important on the iPad back it up before restoring as the restore will erase the iPad.

OP
B

BodgerJones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK thanks for that will give it a go. BJ
Well,gave it a go and for some reason itunes does not recognise my iPad. Went to the help page on itunes which was as much use as a sunny day in the Sahara, so I'm still stuck!! BJ

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I downloaded iTunes from Microsoft stores which I am led to believe would give me the latest version, or so they say BJ
I've had iTunes not properly download on a windows computer. Try deleting iTunes and all associated files from your computer and try downloading it from the Apple website. Just search for iTunes download and use the one that comes from Apple.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts