What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck with Appletv.

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went and bought AppleTV. I was able to connect to my Wi-Fi Ok. Continued with the other installation, got to the iTunes bit. The other question I have is, it asked for my iTunes
pw, I put it in it then asked me for the password for the password I just put in. What does that mean? I am not computer savvie, totally lost. I Googled how to install AppleTV it talkes about some numbers that come up which it says you have to enter. No numbers came up for me. Then it said cant connect to server, i think I have wasted my money. Should have just bought the cables to connected the iPad to the TV. iTunes sure makes it hard. Can any of you clever people help?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome apple tv will ask for your username and password that you use for iTunes once you enter that you can access your iTunes store and view buy rent movies plus stream your music etc hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ellenmac said:
Went and bought AppleTV. I was able to connect to my Wi-Fi Ok. Continued with the other installation, got to the iTunes bit. The other question I have is, it asked for my iTunes
pw, I put it in it then asked me for the password for the password I just put in. What does that mean? I am not computer savvie, totally lost. I Googled how to install AppleTV it talkes about some numbers that come up which it says you have to enter. No numbers came up for me. Then it said cant connect to server, i think I have wasted my money. Should have just bought the cables to connected the iPad to the TV. iTunes sure makes it hard. Can any of you clever people help?

Apple TV will work out of the box without any credentials. It won't let you into iTunes until you sign in with your Apple iTunes ID and password.

Regardless though you should be seeing the Apple TV main menu with you tube, Vimeo, Netflix, and others.

Sounds like you just need to sign into iTunes properly.

Don't give up....it's a great device and you will like it.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did sign in to iTunes with my password, that is when it asked me for the password for the password I had just entered. I don't get that. I am at a loss of what to do. I will try again tomorrow.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens if you try to put in the same password? Perhaps it is asking you to type your password in twice (a verification thing)?

Just throwing that though out there...

Marilyn

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The first thing you enter is your user ID (usually your email address) the second line is for your password. If it keeps asking you to enter the password, perhaps you are entering the wrong password so you should check to see if it is correct. The only other thing I can think of is that when you are trying to pair your ATV with your music library on your computer it will ask for a four digit password, if that is where you are then you must go to the computer and select share my library in iTunes and that will provide you with a code that you can enter into ATV.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you everybody. I think I know we're I have gone wrong. I will restart when I get the chance. I am away for a couple of days. I let you know how I go.

Most reactions

Latest posts