What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Please! My daughter's iPad keeps asking for ID and PW :(

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter has an iPad 2 that wouldn't present the update request. This forum, in a previous question, suggested I do the update through iTunes.

Well, I did. I did a backup first then initiated the update through iTunes. Let it go all the way through and, finally, did the restore.

Now every game I try to run causes the iPad to ask for Apple ID and password. This is entered but the game doesn't run. so touching the game again causes the AppleID and PW to be re-requested.

I know these details are correct because when I intentionally enter the wrong PW, the iPad says so "wrong ID or PW"....

Just to prove a point I changed the PW through "iforgot...." but the same thing happens - accepts the ID and PW but does nothing else except ask for it again and again and again.

I have done a reboot and cleared memory with the "wiggle" and "X" etc.

Help please....

My grand-daughter can't play any games on my daughter's iPad :(

As far as I can see, all the games are there :) Just can't play them :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What game are you trying to play? I haven't seen any games that request my apple ID/password

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

naina afridi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there! Mr.louwin u have Ur apple id right? When i install any app or game from app store then it requires apple pasword,but...when i play games it didnt ask for pasword..

OP
louwin

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like I said, I updated from 4.3.5 to 6.0.1....

Did everything this entailed now all the games that were restored as part of the update ask for a password accept it and ask for it again.

It did NOT do this before.

How do I fix it?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have rebooted
G'day louwin. Can an Adelaide bloke just chip in, knowing you have already been asked and hope this is not getting tedious for you. I sometimes tend to use the word "reboot" (appropriate to my Win PC) which on the iPad is more accurately known as a "reset". So, just to make sure, when you rebooted/reset did you:
Simultaneously hold down the Sleep/On and Home buttons until the screen blacks out and the white Apple logo appears, then let go of both buttons and wait until the logo turns into a new start screen.
You probably did, but just asking to make sure:thumbs:.
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:
OP
louwin

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response. :)

I did Resets (before) and have since done a couple of full reboots - they took a while. The Apple stayed on screen for a long time.

But, I'm sorry to say, it didn't work. :(

Further information:-

I choose a game and touch it. The game start screen comes up and the AppleID and password are requested. I enter these, sometimes the start screen just displays for a while sometimes the word "Loading" shows on a black screen for a while and then the display returns to the menu.

I did this with the old password and with the new one with no success.

I will wait a bit for any further responses from this forum and failing that I will have to make a Genius Bar appointment and beg for help.

Fingers crossed. :D

I didn't mention that my daughter has an iPad 2....

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response. :)

I did Resets (before) and have since done a couple of full reboots - they took a while. The Apple stayed on screen for a long time.

But, I'm sorry to say, it didn't work. :(

Further information:-

I choose a game and touch it. The game start screen comes up and the AppleID and password are requested. I enter these, sometimes the start screen just displays for a while sometimes the word "Loading" shows on a black screen for a while and then the display returns to the menu.

I did this with the old password and with the new one with no success.

I will wait a bit for any further responses from this forum and failing that I will have to make a Genius Bar appointment and beg for help.

Fingers crossed. :D

I didn't mention that my daughter has an iPad 2....

OK mate, just a final suggestion before you bring it in. Try Settings>General>Reset All Settings. This does not delete any data or medium but could tidy things up following that sync.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
louwin

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, Andrew,

The Reset All Settings didn't work....

Looks like it will have to be the Genius Bar tomorrow.

I hope they can help. :)

OP
louwin

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Genius Bar solution....

Remove ALL Content and Settings and reset up and re-download ALL purchased games :(

This is going to take a WHILE :(

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Genius Bar solution....

Remove ALL Content and Settings and reset up and re-download ALL purchased games :(

This is going to take a WHILE :(

Delete the troubled app then reinstall it.

OP
louwin

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks PadMan2,

Chose Facebook. Deleted it and reinstalled it and it worked.... :D

So, a solution without clearing and resetting up. But there were about 160 games to delete and reload. :(

But, as luck would have it....

10 of these games came up for normal updating so I thought I would do the updates first.

Selected "Update All" but it wouldn't accept the new password I setup!? :(

Out of desperation tried the OLD password....

Rejected that too....

Then the first game started updating/installing ???? :D

Installed the other 9 updates one by one.

Then tried one of the other games (not updated) and it worked, didn't ask for ID or password.

YEAH! :D

Somehow it had fixed itself....

Tried about a dozen games and they were all okay. I can't they are all okay but ALL the games I tried are NOW okay.

Thanks for your help and interest everyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts