What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange iPad behavior, possible virus or defct?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using my iPad today, and it kept shutting down and it would boot up again and I would have to stare at the apple logo for like 3 min!
But when it would resume all my safari windows where still there?
Also I would type some tin and it would lock up and then I would exit safari and return only for it to lock up again!:mad:
I'm afraid some tin is wrong, but I thought of what new thing I did to it, I used a USB extender I got at dollar store for a buck, and this maybe the reason for this strange behavior, I just unplugged it few min ago, so far so good, nothing freaky..

Has anybody used a USB extender and got strange behavior ? :confused:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I used a USB extender I got at dollar store for a buck, and this maybe the reason for this strange behavior, I just unplugged it few min ago, so far so good, nothing freaky..
Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner!!

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, well I didn't by the USB extender for iPad, I had it laying around and need more cord, so I just tested it to see if it worked..

But yeah, figures it would freak out wit a dollar extension, haha.

Anyway, Im gonna buy 1 on eBay made for iPad.

Anyway, I disconnected and iPad is back to normal now.:)

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our Apple store in Toronto sells a ten foot iPad USB cord made by Griffen. It works well.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You don't have a normal extension power cord lying around? Then you wouldn't have to buy a USB extension cable from eBay. Much more versatile.

Most reactions