What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies Disappearing - Odd Behavior?

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are 10 mp4 movies in my Movie Library within Itunes.

I've noticed that when I sync with Itunes often I would get a message saying "Can't find "xxx.mp4". I have ignored the message for a while but today I notice that of the 10 movies that are still in the Itunes Movie Library only 3 were on the Ipad.

I tried shutting down and starting up again but nope, still only 3 movies on the Ipad. I had 10 a while ago.

I ended up deleting the 3 movies, deleting the 10 movies from Itunes, and pasting them back again.

I got an error saying it couldn't fine 1 movie but I just deleted it from Itunes and pasted it back in, did a sync and now I have to 10 movies back again.

My question: Are other folks experiencing similar behavior?

Anybody know what might cause such odd behavior?

Is there some kind of a fix for this?

Otherwise the Ipad appears to function normally as far as I know.

Lionroar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also been experiencing this. At first, I thought it was something to do with the conversion. Yesterday, I deleted a few movies from itunes, and once i synced the ipad, other movies still there also disappeared from the ipad. Not sure what it going on.

Lionroar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found a way to get the movies back on the iPad.

1. Copy the movie from the itunes library and then delete it from itunes
2. Import it back into itunes
3. With the iPad connected to itunes, navigate to iPad > Movies
4. Click the checkbox next to the movie you just added back to itunes
5. Click Apply and it re-syncs

I don't know why this works.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having similar issues with podcasts that sometimes automatically update and at other times can only be updated manually.
I don't think syncing with the iPad is ready for prime time yet.
Hopefully things will improve when we get iOS 4.x

OP
J

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Darn.... Yesterday it did it again. Lost all of them. They were still in Itunes but the Ipad was empty!!!

Took a very long time to get them back. Deleted them from Itunes and then put them back in Itunes and did a sync. They are back.

Most reactions

Latest posts