What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen

JuneBug2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've had me iPad2 since a couple months after they came out. I love it! But this morning it was
stolen! My hubby had it in tis backpack with his lap top and we stopped to get a bite to eat near the airport (oakland CA) we just got seated and could see the car and a car pulled up and broke the side window of my car and the car next to us and grabbed the back pack from both. The guy at the table next to us ran out but not in time to get a licance plate. The police said to do a report on line, they have to many serious crimes to have time for this.
The computer is secured and PW's changed by the companies computer expert. And I sent a lock to my iPad. It's password protected anyway.

I was hoping someone could suggest what message I should have it display?
Maybe: this iPad was stolen! Turn it in to the police! Or something like that?
I think it's all backed up to my other devices so should I send an erase comand?
I have an engraving on the back so it cold be identified, but I don't hope to t it back. Just would like to make it useless to whoever stole it!
Thanks for any advice you can give!
June

OP
J

JuneBug2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2nd try to reply. 3G never activated so wifi only, will it have to connect to show up? So far find my iPad can't see it.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No if you had the 3G version it has dedicated GPS. Did you enable the Find My iPad ability in settings. Maybe not it seems. I'm really sorry to hear about this, you might want to contact Apple.

Most reactions