What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting to lose interest in iPad 2.

Macgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought hard about the xoom because I love android, however I write leases on the iPad and bought a e printer.
It just works and even if I love android, my heart belongs to Apple.

Sent from my  iPad using iPF

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In other Xoom related news, it appears that it will be shipping without Flash support according to Engadget. I understand that they are waiting for Flash 10.2 but it seems like a curious decision to leave one of the main selling points out at launch.

Motorola Xoom will ship without Flash support on February 24th, expects it in 'Spring 2011'? -- Engadget

Adobe has already made a public statement that it will be sent out as an OTA update "within a few weeks"

It would be nice if it was available at launch but if I was Motorola I wouldn't wait on Adobe to determine when I can release my product.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Superbike81 said:
Adobe has already made a public statement that it will be sent out as an OTA update "within a few weeks"

It would be nice if it was available at launch but if I was Motorola I wouldn't wait on Adobe to determine when I can release my product.

I agree with you. After learning the reason for the delay it seems like the right move. It's just a shame that so many little issues seem to be popping up for this product launch. Assuming Apple doesn't kill my media support I'm not really in the market for a new tablet, but I am still very interested to see some real reviews of this unit. The Interface looks fantastic to me.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yall ayre very funny with all this talk..lmfao. I love my ipad n look forward to the newer android tablets coming out. But! Point blank, Apple has tablets on lockdown for the next few years. Its not even mathmatically possible for any other tablet to outsell the ipad. Reason being, too much of a head start and apple owns all major outlets of top tier components. Android is cool, domt get me wrong but Honeycomb OS is not the savior for Android tablets. Apple has wayyyyy too many great apps and no other company can compete with that. When xoom drops, there are only gonna be a few apps available that are true tablet oriented apps. I never download iphone apps onto my ipad. Straight ipad apps, as i now have 175 of them. N all of them are good, not b.s. Apps like farting machine , etc...lmao

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yall ayre very funny with all this talk..lmfao. I love my ipad n look forward to the newer android tablets coming out. But! Point blank, Apple has tablets on lockdown for the next few years. Its not even mathmatically possible for any other tablet to outsell the ipad. Reason being, too much of a head start and apple owns all major outlets of top tier components. Android is cool, domt get me wrong but Honeycomb OS is not the savior for Android tablets. Apple has wayyyyy too many great apps and no other company can compete with that. When xoom drops, there are only gonna be a few apps available that are true tablet oriented apps. I never download iphone apps onto my ipad. Straight ipad apps, as i now have 175 of them. N all of them are good, not b.s. Apps like farting machine , etc...lmao

People said the EXACT same thing about the iPhone and Android phones. Look how that turned out.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as the iPad specific apps expanded as time went on, so will Honeycomb apps.

That is true. I am actually very impressed with the xoom tablet but the pricing is outrageous n no official word of a wifi only version yet. Competition is good. I am doing so much with my ipad now that being able to do more will be crazy. Ipad 3 is gonna be the big jump to get on par, spec wise n such, with these new tablets. Current ipad is so established, it will still hold its own for next year or so. I do like the sound of unresticted access like android is gonna bring. Apple definitely has to step their game up and put usb ports, hdmi ports, sd card ports, higher resolution screens , n finally allow flash. Flash is no big deal to me but i dont like surfin da web n come to a page where it tells me adobe flash is needed. On the other hand, ive been very impressed with my ipad since day one and still am. Still finding more uses and great apps for it. They need to make these tablets like gaming systems. Like the ps3 has shelf life of ten years. Thats how good it is. Not every 6 months come out with a new one. But i guess its different with tablet tech. Its always evolving so fast. The real battle of tablets is about to begin. Cant wait! Lol

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

People said the EXACT same thing about the iPhone and Android phones. Look how that turned out.
So how did it turn out then? Lmao. Iphone still selling more and more people have an iphone thn Android phones. Yeah, its catching up has has not surpassed apple in total volume of sales yet. Just cuz android sells more recently or in a month or two doesnt mean it has taken over the market. Apple still holds that title. Dont get me wrong, i like Android phones wayy better thn iphone but the facts still stays the same. Android marketplace is getting better and building up But still no where near the capacity apple has. They domt sell no where near as many apps as apps as apple does. Plus the quality of the apps arent on par with apples yet, let alone true tablet apps, which android doesnt possess yet. As far as phones go, id go with Android. As far as tablets, Android has to mature more first. Ipad is now seriously considered a serious gaming device also. Android games are nowhere. Once the Xoom n others come out and be out for a while, then we can truly compare. Trying to compare a device n its apps that arent even out yet, in present time, equals Fail! Lol. I actually want a xoom tablet also. Im the type i like to have all the different kinds of systems or os's. I know how to use em all. Thats why i enabled my win mo phone to be able to dual boot thru Haret bootloader into Android(XDAndroid) on Froyo 2.2. My phone(Tilt 2)is outdated but still operates both os very well. Let Honeycomb Android earn its keep first b4 trying to say it will take over everything. I want Android to do well as ive known android os b4 i got my ipad. I just never boot into Android or even really use my phone anymore cuz im constantly bettering my ipad capabilities.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but the way Apple is going, I think you are going to start seeing ALOT of software folks moving away from Apples App store, especially with this 30% cut they want! I was just reading that Dropbox may be dropping support for iOS because of Apples tactics! Apple is shooting itself in the foot. Sure they have a huge headstart, but as of right now, people are buying more Android-based phones than iOS-based phones. And with this 30% crap, more and more software authors are looking to get away too! Android is going to be sitting there just waiting for those authors!

I truly believe it will happen (Android overtaking iOS) - but, as you've eluded to, it'll take time, but I do believe it will happen...

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but the way Apple is going, I think you are going to start seeing ALOT of software folks moving away from Apples App store, especially with this 30% cut they want! I was just reading that Dropbox may be dropping support for iOS because of Apples tactics! Apple is shooting itself in the foot. Sure they have a huge headstart, but as of right now, people are buying more Android-based phones than iOS-based phones. And with this 30% crap, more and more software authors are looking to get away too! Android is going to be sitting there just waiting for those authors!

I truly believe it will happen (Android overtaking iOS) - but, as you've eluded to, it'll take time, but I do believe it will happen...

I tend to agree with your sentiments. This move by Apple is really odd to me, especially right now. Competitors to iOS have been looking for a way to break Apple's hold on the market and Apple is handing them a solution on a silver platter. I think the writing is on the wall. In a period of a couple of weeks I have gone from debating an upgrade to the iPad2 to wondering if I should sell mine now while it is still worth something.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is according to what the clarity of the rules show. Jobs has already stated that subscription does not cover software aps as service, just publishers. Netflix is not affected. And don't feel too sorry for Amazon. as much as I like Amazon, they are ticking me off. I cannot buy digital video content and use it on my iPad or any Mac OS due to the way they have it locked in. Now I find that they are offering over 7000 free movies for streaming, and I cannot use my AppleTV, but would have to get a Roku. The bums.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...and I cannot use my AppleTV, but would have to get a Roku. The bums.
Actually, I have been looking at a Roku unit not only for this reason, but for the same price, it does 1080p resolution and AppleTV only does 720p.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is according to what the clarity of the rules show. Jobs has already stated that subscription does not cover software aps as service, just publishers. Netflix is not affected. And don't feel too sorry for Amazon. as much as I like Amazon, they are ticking me off. I cannot buy digital video content and use it on my iPad or any Mac OS due to the way they have it locked in. Now I find that they are offering over 7000 free movies for streaming, and I cannot use my AppleTV, but would have to get a Roku. The bums.

lol, I don't feel sorry for Amazon, I feel sorry for me!

I guess technically those 7,000 movies aren't free for streaming. You need a $79 (per year I think) Amazon Prime membership. That's still a pretty good deal though.

Most reactions