What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download problem with ipad 2

hannibal2469

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
i am using my ipad 2 it is wifi only and i am getting 3g through a galaxy y i have been using an app for tracking the data usage, i have been using that app for 20 days
and now i all of a sudden this morning my data usage app in the galaxy y keeps running on its on without even me using the internet i have checked and none of the apps were updating neither was the os.

i have tried updating to ios 5.1.1 and the meter is still running on the data usage app on my galaxy y what should i do

is there some bug or virus causing my ipad 2 to increase data usage on its own ???
please help

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there- any time an app goes weird it's best to completely close it.

Have you tried to do the following?

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
H

hannibal2469

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have closed all apps and restarted the iPad still the same problem

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if there was something going o with your galaxy which you are obtaining you wifi from?

ravi_kishore28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Hannibal,

I faced exactly the same problem which is identical to the date of your posting. I also use galaxy y and 3g watchdog app. I solved this yesterday after 3 days. I have subscribed to National Geographic magazine (annual). The automatic download of June issue is happening on its own. (I usually download such heavy ones on home cable broadband.)

After going to settings - store; there is a list of apps which automatically update the content. We need to turn these OFF to stop data usage like this.

The confusion is because the ipad does not switch off download even when the Store tile is switched off. Apple needs to rectify this. This also happens when once we start updating OS.

Most reactions

Latest posts