What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I have returned my ipad 2

OP
C

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I gave PCWorld two weeks to sort it out and phoned them yesterday to see where my IPad 2 was........It appears that you cannot phone PCWorld direct, you are phoning a call centre who then emails PCWorld who, if they feel like it, 'may' phone you and let you know what's going on. According to James (the call centre worker) even he cannot phone PCWorld but can only fire off an email to get them to phone me !!

You got it, they didn't call, sooooo I'm on the phone today to the call centre and got Lena who, after hearing my story, promptly called PCWorld on the phone!! WTF? if she can why couldn't James?

Anyway the upshot of all this faffing around is that Apple sent my IPad 2 back to PCworld saying there was no fault with it. PCWorld tested it themselves and said 'oh yes there is' and lobbed it back to Apple.

I'm pi@@ed off .........I've been without my Ipad for two weeks and no one from PCWorld has bothered to tell me whats going on. I've had to chase them myself through their cumbersome call centre based enquiry/complaint system. Then, to compound my feelings of frustration Apple denies there is a problem.

I know something, I won't be so quick to put it in for repair in future.....

I'm inclined to call Apple in the morning.....anyone know a number that would be appropriate? I want my IPad back :(

Do you have an Apple Store in your town? Don't mess with other retailers, you can take a new iPad to any Apple Store. If you can demonstrate the problem they will replace the iPad. I had a problem that wasn't even covered under warranty (the iPad fell on the floor, shattering the screen). They replaced my $829 iPad 2 with a new one on the spot.

It seems the rules may be different here...the shop I bought the IPad from, i.e. PCWorld, are responsible for faults within the warranty period (even though PCWorld then send it back to Apple) I still have to return it to the shop I got it from)..........unless someone in the UK knows different?

ipad2user1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Caligula as Tarkio said you can take any apple product to an apple store and they will repair or replace the apple product regardless off where it was bought i have an iPhone 4 and i got it from vodafone and it became faulty I took it back to vodafone and they can not replace it and that they would have to send it back to apple and that I would have to wait upto 10 days! So I said that i would take it back to an apple store myself and get them to look at it the guy in the vodafone shop said that apple will not do anything as it was not bought from them direct so i said they will because it's an apple product but he still didn't believe me! so the next day off I went to the apple shop in Kingston Upon Thames with my iPhone 4 I told the guy in the apple store that my iPhone 4 keeps switching off he took it away and came back 10 minuites later and said that they could not fix it and gave me a brand new iPhone 4.

maddog25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems the rules may be different here...the shop I bought the IPad from, i.e. PCWorld, are responsible for faults within the warranty period (even though PCWorld then send it back to Apple) I still have to return it to the shop I got it from)..........unless someone in the UK knows different?

Im not sure, i bought my iPhone 4 in the UK then whilst i was working in the US had a problem with it, was my fault it would not work but the apple store in Miami changed it free of charge!

OP
C

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update-

I personally went down to PCWorld to see exactly what was going on.....spoke to one of the store supervisors who assured me that Apple had returned my IPad 2 saying that there wasn't a problem. However, when PCWorld lobbed it back to Apple they conceded that there was a fault and will replace it.

PCWorld gave me a tracking number and it's on it's way- currently at the UPS centre in Tamworth.

So a result of sorts, but, reading through the various posts (thanks guys!), I wish I had taken it directly to the Apple store in Southampton.

Most reactions

Latest posts