What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ssh install ipad3

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jockmcd said:
Much appreciated mate thanks for that I may just give that a shot although I would prefer wireless, referring to ssh winscp and putty are you telling me the following:

If I need to manage files I should use winscp

If I want to change my default password and username I should also install an extra program putty as I cannot change This with winscp

P.s have a read at my FaceTime post on ipad3 forum see if you can enlighten me on that bud ;-)

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please help out here, i can install the gear no probs winscp laptop and openssh+togglessh no problems but i dont no how yo change default password ? Do i need to install putty to change it ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how to use PuTTY, which is why I suggested you use i-FunBox. So, I can't help you with that if the instructions aren't clear...

There is another option: You could go to Cydia and install Mobile Terminal. This will allow you to input the commands I listed in the posts above once you launch it.

Again and yes, as a general rule, it's WinSCP for files management and PuTTY for commands.

Marilyn

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cheers mate will have to get ma head round it and give it a go at somepoint much appreciated .

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jockmcd said:
Cheers mate will have to get ma head round it and give it a go at somepoint much appreciated .

You really should learn more about SSH on iPad before attempting using it as you can really do things on the iPad with it that only a full restore would fix.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh sounds scary lol i Will try and take care with it but for the moment i am not going to touch it but really wanna get going on it soon

Most reactions

Latest posts