What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorting photo albums

John767

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad1could sort photo albums by simply tapping and holding an album and then moving it to where I wanted. My new Air 2 won't do this. If I open the albums tab and tap edit in the top right, then tap and hold an album to move it, it does move but will not insert where I want when I release the hold; it just returns to where I started.
Any ideas folks? Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't move the default albums - Camera Roll, PhotoStream, Recently Deleted, ...
If you created albums, it's possible to move them to a different location by tapping Edit and moving to a different place. If you intend to place them instead or between the default albums, that's is not possible.

OP
J

John767

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't move the default albums - Camera Roll, PhotoStream, Recently Deleted, ...
If you created albums, it's possible to move them to a different location by tapping Edit and moving to a different place. If you intend to place them instead or between the default albums, that's is not possible.
Thanks for the reply. I wondered if I was doing something wrong, but Apple has apparently decided to not allow movement of new albums between existing ones.

Most reactions

Latest posts