What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to rename photos and albums?

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the iPad User Guide, it says "Rename an album: Tap Edit, then select an album." When I tap "Edit" the word "Edit" changes to "Done". Then when I select an album, the screen just goes into the photos of the album. When I tap on the name of an album, the icon just flashes. In no time, the keyboard comes up to allow me to rename.

For the names of individual photos, I find no hints or clues for renaming.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As far as I know, you do not have access to file names, and cannot change them. However, you could copy them to your desktop computer, rename them, then copy them back and delete the originals.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
healer said:
Thanks! What about renaming the album as described on the iPad User Guide?

Just went and tried it, you cannot rename the original iPad albums but if you create a new album you can rename the new one.

Hope that helps :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't believe an official guide can be wrong. I thank you for all the trouble.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
healer said:
I don't believe an official guide can be wrong. I thank you for all the trouble.

I think it is wrong, it can't be done how they say. Very unusual!

kaylaesq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iPad User Guide, it says "Rename an album: Tap Edit, then select an album." When I tap "Edit" the word "Edit" changes to "Done". Then when I select an album, the screen just goes into the photos of the album. When I tap on the name of an album, the icon just flashes. In no time, the keyboard comes up to allow me to rename.

On iPad 3 Photo app, when I tap on the name of the Album, all the photos in the album show. There is no difference in tapping on the Album's top photo and tapping on the Album's name. And when I tap on Albums, Edit appears in the upper right corner. If I then tap on Edit, Edit changes to Add Photos and also Cancel. The name of the album does not show after I tap Edit.

kaylaesq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just went and tried it, you cannot rename the original iPad albums but if you create a new album you can rename the new one.

Hope that helps :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

You're right, but it requires finding all the photos you had in the old Album and then putting them into the new Album. You can't just click on the top photo of the old Album and have its photos magically appear in the new Album.

Wellyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I tried with these instructions and it doesn't work. What I did was to create a new album with the correct name. Then select the old album, hit the key "select all photos" or only the ones you want, click DONE. The new album with added photos will appear at the bottom of the ALBUMS screen. Click EDIT, all albums will have a 'x' on the left top corner. Press the 'x' on the old incorrectly named album then click DONE again and all the crosses disappear. I've just done this and it works perfectly. A very long winded way just to rename an album. Hopefully someone at APPLE will work a simpler way to do this.

Most reactions

Latest posts