What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some questions before buying

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not buy ipad1 and now I think I want to have an ipad2. I went to apple stores these last couple of days but they don't have the one I am looking for.

I am wondering if I should buy the 16gb or the 32gb. I am interested in wifi only. I also know that I may be upgrading to ipad 3 when it comes out, so then would it be easier to get a good value out of the 32 or the 16gb mobel.

What has been your experience when you upgraded from 1 to 2.

I also want to know if I can play movies which are stored on my external hard drive connected to my macbook and watch movies inside the house and also when I am outside with wi-fi connected.

Also, I am looking for a way to hook it up in my rav4 for the back seat passengers. whats the most economical and easiest way to do it.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Air video will stream the videos to anywhere you have an Internet connection.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
jmorton10 said:
Air video will stream the videos to anywhere you have an Internet connection.

yep, well recommended, they do a free version as well as a paid version

I'm sure I've seen a holder which attaches to the headrest somewhere.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snugg-iPad-Car-Headrest-Mount/dp/B0041GKBXU/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283278400&sr=8-9[/ame]

Last edited:
OP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the actual space you get with the 16gb and 32gb?
Air video sounds good, I am thinking will 16gb be enough if I stream movies and keep 1gb music. the rest of the space can be for apps and pics.

what do you guys think

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
369 said:
What is the actual space you get with the 16gb and 32gb?
Air video sounds good, I am thinking will 16gb be enough if I stream movies and keep 1gb music. the rest of the space can be for apps and pics.

what do you guys think

for reference, I have the 64GB model, 59.1GB is showing as available for use, I have tons of stuff and garbage installed and still have 49.8GB left

I'd say go for the 32Gb model, best to have too much than not enough

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 32GB model with 29GB of available space. Have 331 songs, 229 photos and 69 apps installed and I still have 23.8GB of space left.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's really all up to you

I have a 64 gig that has 24 gig free at the moment. 17 videos, 2600 songs, 400 photos, 56 apps, and 9 books. I have nowhere near enough room for photos so they are stored on a couple of one terabyte external drives.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Wolfpuppies3 said:
I have a 64 gig that has 24 gig free at the moment. 17 videos, 2600 songs, 400 photos, 56 apps, and 9 books. I have nowhere near enough room for photos so they are stored on a couple of one terabyte external drives.

holy smokes! thought I was a hog lol

oh wait, most of my stuff is stored on USB drives.... lol

shorty106

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portable external hard drive?

What about using a portable external drive? I've heard about Sanho Hyperdrive or Seagate GoFlex. What is your advice?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To shorty 106

I have an Airstash. Wifi directly to the iPad with up to a 32 gig card. Works great and connects wirelessly to my iPhone and my MBPro as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts