What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming from Netgear Readynas box to ipad2

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all

I am looking for a straightforward app which will allow me to stream movies, music and pictures from my readynas duo nas to my ipad 2 running 4.3.5. I am only planning to stream from nas and not from my mac or pc.

As mine is only the 16gb version i dont want to download the content first and then play it as i will only like stream content when im at home via the wireless connection.

I have tried a few apps but not been that keen with them. I have tried

File browser
Media connect
Sync stream
Flex player

Is there any such app out there that will stream only?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I.am.paddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try with PLEX.
I use plex to stream video and audio to my iPad thru a Mac mini, but I think it can also stream directly from a net gear server.

No promises, but has a great interface

OP
R

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did this work?

Didnt try it to be honest. Instead i used file browser app which allows me to stream from my NAS works a treat but doesnt support all video formats but i guess i can sort that out by using a different movie player

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts