What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many GB's do i need.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are innumerable threads on this topic. They all have much the same content..."If you want...", "If you need..." etc.

The bottom line is that you'll find very few posts from people with 32 gig versions who wish they'd opted for more. You'll find more posts from those with 16 gigs who wish they had more space and more posts from those with 64 gigs (like me) who don't come close to using all the space they have.

In short, the 32 gig version appears to be the "sweet spot."

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are innumerable threads on this topic. They all have much the same content..."If you want...", "If you need..." etc.

The bottom line is that you'll find very few posts from people with 32 gig versions who wish they'd opted for more. You'll find more posts from those with 16 gigs who wish they had more space and more posts from those with 64 gigs (like me) who don't come close to using all the space they have.

All in all, I agree with this. But, *if* one can afford it, I've always found it best not to skimp on memory, especially when video is coming more and more into the forefront. Besides, most of us will spend $100 on nonsense in the coming days and secondary memory is a very important component of our little toys. Just skip a few things and go for the Gold. :)

sortvind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32, for sure.
16 gb might sound enough, but once he gets hoocked on the appmania the gb's just fly away.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

All in all, I agree with this. But, *if* one can afford it, I've always found it best not to skimp on memory, especially when video is coming more and more into the forefront. Besides, most of us will spend $100 on nonsense in the coming days and secondary memory is a very important component of our little toys. Just skip a few things and go for the Gold. :)

Yeah, I know...In fact, I originally ordered the 32 gig version. Then, realizing I wouldn't be able to upgrade storage I changed the order. Of course, even with 2300 songs on the iPad, I haven't come close to using even 32 gigs. But as I age, I figure someone will come up with a way for me to use that extra memory.

Wait...what was the topic?

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started with a 16 gb iPad 2 which was only about 12 gb after all the stuff apple puts on it and basic hd partition stuff.. After adding some songs and a few apps, I was down to 4 gb. At this moment I realized I needed at least 32 gb. Luckily I have best buy premier silver, so I was able to exchange with no restocking fee. Now I have used about 9 gb which wouldve filled up the 16 gb, but instead I now have 22 gb of space left (down from 29 gb). I kind of figure that by the time I fill up 32 gb, apple will be at IPad 4 with a minimum memory of 32 gb or 64 gb for the price that a 16 gb one is now and will probably be 4g.

If your husband is going to play games, you need to factor that in also. Just last night I downloaded 2 games which came in around 350 mb each.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 64gig, not really that much more money in the grad scheme of things and u can't upgrade later.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
snowboarder8985 said:
"...If your husband is going to play games, you need to factor that in also. Just last night I downloaded 2 games which came in around 350 mb each...
Yes. And if you want to put in a GPS system like Navigon North America, that alone is 2.1 Gigs with the 3D option.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Yes. And if you want to put in a GPS system like Navigon North America, that alone is 2.1 Gigs with the 3D option.

I'd recommend motion x gps drive. Only 99 cents and 15 mb. Only charge is voice for the navigation at $20/ year but isnt necessary to use navigation.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think everyone is getting a little ahead of themselves, the OP doesn't yet have the iPad and only asked if it had GPS, they haven't said they want to navigate across any of the continents yet.

So let's stick to the size of the HD as the OP requested before the thread gets completely out of hand.

The Archangel

OP
D

disneylover1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think everyone is getting a little ahead of themselves, the OP doesn't yet have the iPad and only asked if it had GPS, they haven't said they want to navigate across any of the continents yet.

So let's stick to the size of the HD as the OP requested before the thread gets completely out of hand.

The Archangel

Thank you
I ordered the 32gb wifi only version because i already have GPS's in my cars and dont realy need the 3g...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
disneylover1977 said:
Thank you
I ordered the 32gb wifi only version because i already have GPS's in my cars and dont realy need the 3g...

Good for you, that's the version I have and I am very pleased with it.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts