What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I went on a little vacation with the iPad

martinc31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a 4 hour trip by car. I was not driving. I was in the passenger seat navigating with the iPad GPS.

The iPad turned out to be an enormous asset for traveling. The GPS was great but the GPS combined with internet access was tremendous.

Very nice for checking on times when various businesses opened, which hotels had wi-fi and the million other things you want to know while travelling.

And when you shut yourself up in the hotel at night it becomes an entertainment center. Read your book, magazine, rent a movie, listen to music etc.

It was an excellent.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a 4 hour trip by car. I was not driving. I was in the passenger seat navigating with the iPad GPS.

The iPad turned out to be an enormous asset for traveling. The GPS was great but the GPS combined with internet access was tremendous.

Very nice for checking on times when various businesses opened, which hotels had wi-fi and the million other things you want to know while travelling.

And when you shut yourself up in the hotel at night it becomes an entertainment center. Read your book, magazine, rent a movie, listen to music etc.

It was an excellent.
Agreed. Also, the weather radar maps were nice for knowing what weather we were traveling into (we were traveling on a thunderstorm-laden day).

On one of our trips, we were on the back roads of NJ and I had packages sitting in the truck that I had forgotten to ship. I brought up Maps, searched for post offices, checked the times, and stopped at one that was directly on the route and opened about a minute before we got there. Was nice.

Checking on security cameras back at the house is nice too.

Traffic checking was very helpful on a trip last week. We skirted by a 6-mile backup. Traffic is still not perfect as I can sit in backups that don't show up on live traffic, but it's still not too bad.

I just like pandora and iHeartRadio.

Most reactions

Latest posts