What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover leaving lines on screen.

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to turn on my iPad, I can see lines on my screen left by the smart cover. A quick wipe of the screen removes them, but I am afraid that over time the marks will be permanent.

While I have never used screen shields on any of my idevices in the past ( I detest them ), am I going to need one?

I just recently got my I2. What about those of you who got their units in March?

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to turn on my iPad, I can see lines on my screen left by the smart cover. A quick wipe of the screen removes them, but I am afraid that over time the marks will be permanent.

While I have never used screen shields on any of my idevices in the past ( I detest them ), am I going to need one?

I just recently got my I2. What about those of you who got their units in March?

It appears that everyone who uses the Smart Cover has the same issue. I doubt whether the lines it leaves would eventually be permanent as thye are easily wiped off, but having a good protective shield might be a good solution for much more than what the Smart Cover leaves behind.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a microfiber cloth that I keep between the screen and smartcover. The cloth doesn't cover the entire screen so it still closes and stays closed. Now and then I take the cloth and wipe the screen down. It's just dust and what not, won't hurt the screen.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is not so much that it leaves marks, as that the microfiber wipes them up everywhere else. The marks are in the same places as the folds in the cover, where it doesn't normally touch the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts