What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case that you can use with smart cover?

Aidan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I dropped my iPad2 and it chipped a little bit off the corner of my it. I have just been using the smart cover so I'm going to get a case so this won't happen again. But is there a case that I can use that would allow me to still fit my smart cover on their?

Last edited:

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are leather type/looking cases that will give you better protection and they are also a smart cover. Just go to Amazon and do a search for "leather case smart cover ipad 2" Make sure in the description is says either "Smart Cover" or "with wake/sleep capability"

OP
Aidan

Aidan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks I'm going to the apple store tomorrow so I'll look for one.

OP
Aidan

Aidan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howd u make a thread

~ Gizzlegutz GC ID: Gizzlegutz

You click "Post a new thread" in the corner.

And they did not have any cases at the iPad store (except smart covers) so I'll order one of those online.

shieldskins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shield Skins is the best invisible protection you can get for your Cell Phone, iPod, Camera, GPS, Gaming System, Laptop and much, much more!

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen cases that do work with the smart cover but I don't remember what their called..but in my opinion I would just sell the smart cover there terrible cases for the price that they are..get a case with a back and a cover like the smart over that has the sleep on/off feature usually you can find them cheaper than the smart cover..I got a case on amazon for $11 and it's a really nice case even has a stand

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a TON of back covers that work with the Apple smart cover. I've got this one, which I like a lot:

Amazon.com: ZUM SC ULTIMATE with Smart Cover Lock for iPad 2 Smart Cover - Prevents Accidental detachment - Black Pearl (iPAD2-SCU-B) We got your Back Covered! (SMART COVER IS NOT INCLUDED): Electronics

One thing you have to decide with these types of covers - when the back cover is on the Ipad, some allow you to remove the smart cover, and some do not. It's kind of a trade off. The Zum fits over the smart cover, so the smart cover can't come off by accident (or on purpose). I felt more secure with that type of back. Others like to be able to take off the smart cover while the back cover is still on.

Most reactions

Latest posts