What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixel HD Wrap by Speck or a Smart Cover

Splashy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gali-nir.com
I just got my new iPad, replacing my iPad 2.
I have accessories left from my iPad 2, including a Pixel HD Wrap case by Speck and a Smart Cover + compatible back cover.
I'm trying to decide which one to use with the new iPad.
I think that the Speck case provides better protection but I like that the smart cover turns the iPad on and off, which the Speck case doesn't.
What would you prefer? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Update: I've decided to sell the Speck case and get another case with the smart cover features as well as a better screen protector
(I tried Speck's matte screen protector - same as I used for my iPad 2 - and it made the new iPad's display look so bad that I just removed it).

Last edited:
OP
Splashy

Splashy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gali-nir.com
Thanks for the advice.
I just got a Wrapsol screen protector and I totally messed up applying it, it has a really noticeable scratch.
I don't think the warranty will cover this. I'm just not good at applying screen protectors on devices... don't know how to do it properly.

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the newest Pixel HD case from Speck on my new IPad 3, and the smart cover (lock/unlock) feature works remarkably well on it. I'm not sure I understand why you say it's not working on your new iPad. ???

I've tried many other cases after buying this one, and I keep returning those same cases to stick with the Pixel HD. It has gotten bad reviews on Amazon and YouTube, but I really like my case. I'm probably going to do a review of it soon to show why I like it so much,

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Splashy

Splashy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gali-nir.com
I was talking about the older version of the Speck Pixel HD case, which doesn't have the lock/unlock feature. This is the case that I had.
Anyway, I already sold it and got the new version of the case. I really like it except for one thing, it lifts the Wrapsol screen protector and creates bubbles.
I don't want to give up the screen protector and I like the case so I guess I'll just have to get used to it. At least the bubbles are not on the actual screen area.

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up returning it and went with the Yoobao executive leather case, and I love the new one. It looks so much better than the pixel case, and I love the real leather. But, the pixel case was still a pretty good case.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dustrho said:
I ended up returning it and went with the Yoobao executive leather case, and I love the new one. It looks so much better than the pixel case, and I love the real leather. But, the pixel case was still a pretty good case.

I have a few of these cases and I love them!!

Most reactions

Latest posts