What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover issue.

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if just me, but I am not 100% happy with Apple's Smart cover.

There 3 lines/impressions across the screen left over from here the folds are in the cover.

Any way to prevent this?

Can I use a Wrapsol shield along with Smart Cover?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That was my same impression, I don't really care much for them. Try to clean the cover with a lint roller, the tape looking think and see if my cleaning the inside of the cover it will improve for you. Some people say that help.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iFrog's suggestion to clean it with a lint cleaner sounds like a good one which I will test immediately. Though I don't use mine all the time, I find that if you fold the cover with the lint side in, it won't get nearly as dirty. Also, if you really don't like it, Apple will sometimes take it back long after the return deadline. I almost returned mine, one of the people at the store told me to bring it in, but I decided that I did like it after all. :)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Six days later and I haven't seen the lines yet, but I definitely want to invest in a lint roller to clean the cover in hopes to be preventative. I like the cover other than the fear of streaks.

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll give the roller a try.

The other day I used "Screen Guard" on the cover when also cleaning the glass. But the lines came back.

On the plus side, the screen was realllly shiny for a day.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The inside of my folio case is also made of a somewhat softer but similarly textured material as the Smart Cover micrfiber. It also picks up dust here and there if I'm not careful. Lately, I've begun laying napkins over the iPad screen when I move (in between the screen and the microfiber) and it keeps the screen looking *very* clean. Napkins are inexpensive, reusable, and available almost everywhere. :)

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I would have to remove all the fingerprints before I would ever be able to see any lines from a smart cover.

Most reactions

Latest posts