What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow VPN on ipad mini

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my mini but just recently I can hardly watch anything when I am connected to VPN service. I have no problem with my ipad2 and they use the same VPN IP address (I do not connect the two devices at the same time)If I do a speed test while on VPN, there is hardly any connection but when I disconnect from VPN, the speed is quite acceptable. As I said, I do not have these problems on the ipad2. Any ideas please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ericwalker425

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do sometimes have that problem when I'm on the VPN but I believe it's the servers not the ipad mini,

Sent from my iPad Mini

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my mini but just recently I can hardly watch anything when I am connected to VPN service. I have no problem with my ipad2 and they use the same VPN IP address (I do not connect the two devices at the same time)If I do a speed test while on VPN, there is hardly any connection but when I disconnect from VPN, the speed is quite acceptable. As I said, I do not have these problems on the ipad2. Any ideas please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE

I also had a hard time when I first started installing VPN in my apple gadget though it's not the Mini. What I did was go over VPN instructions available on their website, then follow the detailed process and my issues got solve. I hope yours is sorted out now.

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! I do not think it is the servers as other devices, iPhone and ipad can connect to the server at a good Internet speed. However, I did try an alternative method, open vpn as opposed to pptp and the speed is much better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

johnz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Also had the problem with slow VPN on my iPad and iPhone. Both on newer version of iOS.
Posted the solution here.

Most reactions

Latest posts