What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD VPN will not connect

colefanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I have a 64 GB 3G Ipad, with a Telus account. I have a serious problem making my VPN works. I also have an Ipod Touch second generation and the VPN works perfectly on it.

So I use the same settings on my Ipad as the Ipod:
PPTP
- same server
- same account
- RSA SecuriID OFF (i try to make it OFF on the Ipad and save the settings and when I look back, it goes back to ON)
- encryption level AUTO
- Send all traffic ON
- Proxy OFF

My Ipod has only WIFI and once I connect to my working place or home WIFI, I can connect to VPN without any problem. However, the Ipad cannot connect to VPN whatsoever, with WIFI on or with Telus 3G on. Here is the message:

"A connection could not be established to the PPP server. Try reconnecting. If the problem continues, verify your settings and contact your Administrator."

I contacted Telus and bought their VPN bundle and it does not change anything. Anyway, when I am on WIFI at work, VPN should connect if I use the correct settings. So I am at loss here. Can anyone help me please?

Last edited:
OP
C

colefanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to make it work. Apple tech support told me to reset my network settings. I did that and configured a new VPN connection and everything went well.

Most reactions