What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VPN issue on ipad

mbrizida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I'm trying to establish a vpn PPTP via 3G with my ipad, I set it up as i do with my portable computer, vpn establishes pk, but I don't have traffic, I even can´t ping ipad ip that was attributed by remote machine, but PPTP server sys connection is done and well, as ipad (ipad presents vpn on screen). I tried with all options possible on vpn pptp configuration and nothing works.
Anyone has any suggestion?

Thanks;
MB

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are using PPTP be sure to set encryption to None to start with.

-t

OP
M

mbrizida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
All ansers are in my first post, and no, I don't have locked doors, because I can communicate by vpn with my portable pc. ipad establishes connection, but no data flows. I don't have encription on.
Please somebody help me (I think this is an ipad OS bug).
Thank you

OP
M

mbrizida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestion, but I want only to connect with my office by pptp vpn (the vpn that is configured in office router.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you reviewed the VPN log file yet? What did it say was the reason you were rejected?

-t

Lagranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You didn't mention what router you're using as your concentrator, but if happens to be one based on the DD-WRT firmware, this is what got my iPad talking to mine properly over PPTP.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/13374868#13374868

I'm sure you're aware of this, but I thought I'd mention for anyone else following along -- PPTP isn't exactly the most modern nor secure VPN method out there. OTOH, sometimes it's the only practical choice. Just be sure that (as in all security-based decisions) it balances the degree of risk you're willing to accept for that situation.

Most reactions

Latest posts