What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri yayyy !

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Crucially, 2001 was written before the first lunar landing, and it's precursor, a short story called "Sentinel", a considerable time before that. 2001 stands up to scrutiny amazingly well. Clarke and Kubrick were way ahead of their time. It is still my favorite SF, in both book and movie format.

Unfortunately, neither of them lived to meet Siri. I think they would have been pleased.

Hi Kevin,
Can't imagine them not being surprised to see those creative technical thinking products and services come to life.
I'm happy to have been born at a time where I've seen the birth and infancy of it all only just come to life.

Can't even fathom what our descendants will experience.
Oh, sorry, I forgot, Earth ends in only a couple more months !
21/12/2012

Ask Siri about 21/12/2012...

Chas

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Sometimes, I set my Siri to français so I can practice some of my French :D

Have a look at the French subforum. There are some threads in there that may interest you. For example, a francophone version of "What are you guys doing right now?"

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Unfortunately, not too much going on there, last post in that side of the forum was from sept 4!

Something about the Olympics? Well, it might grow in time. I keep an eye on it, but you're right; it's not the most active part of the forum.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm enjoying 2001 this evening, in fact it's being shown on Encore Avenue.

Brings back so many great memories, from over the years.

I'll have to ask Siri about this... later!

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Susan,

If you have never had the opportunity to watch 2001 A Space Odyssey, please rent or buy yourself a copy. It is definitely well worth the minimal price of admission.
Yes, it came out, into the theaters back in 1968, but yet, it still holds up as a fantastic film, and early voyage out to space. Yes it is sci-fi, but so much more.
There are many lessons to be learned from this awesome movie.
My mention of it, a few posts above, was merely that now with Siri, we can experience many of the wonders of speech control and computer assistance which was demonstrated way back when, and the troubles man might consider possible, should the smart computers of today ever decide to take more control over our lives.

I won't divulge much more here, as I'd wish for you to watch the movie yourself and get as much, if not more from it, than many of us already have experienced.

It's a very futuristic movie, and we are only just beginning here touching the tip of the very large iceberg with Siri installed on our iPads today.

I hope that you will find a copy without too much searching...

take it easy

Chas

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
2001 just isn't the same without Cinerama.

Wow, dating ourselves, aren't we? :)

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I hear that. Same applies to Apocalypse Now. That opening helicopter scene is quite the feast in Cinerama.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The opening in Star Wars on a Cinerama screen with the star destroyer coming down from the top of the screen was quite an experience in 1977, when I saw it in Seattle.

Most reactions

Latest posts