What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri yayyy !

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The opening in Star Wars on a Cinerama screen with the star destroyer coming down from the top of the screen was quite an experience in 1977, when I saw it in Seattle.

Yep that movie was made to be seen in the theaters.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I can't speak for anyone else, I'm loving Siri on my new iPad 3.

Not only a time saver, but also a lot of fun to boot. She already knows my routines, birthday, schedules and more.

Thanks Apple, for including this awesome program for folks like me, who often need a personal assistant.

Chas

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I will watch the movie while everyone else is watching football.

I have always heard a lot of complaints from people that Siri doesn't understand their commands, but she has been 100% on task for me every time. I love the amount of typing she saves me, it saves so much time! I am finding myself using her more and more everyday.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
susanlackey said:

I have always heard a lot of complaints from people that Siri doesn't understand their commands, but she has been 100% on task for me every time. I love the amount of typing she saves me, it saves so much time! I am finding myself using her more and more everyday.

Susan,,
Please let us know how and what you felt about 2001 A Space Odyssey. ;-)

Yes Siri is a hoot. I love how she side steps personal questions directed at her.
Often with a suggestion in question form, shall she look it up for me... Smile. Well programmed.

It's hilarious to me, that there are so many attractions near me, that are in her realm to share...

Chas

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Yeah, she actually understands me quite well, more so than I was expecting, as I speak kind of quickly and don't have the clearest voice in the world...
I use her a lot in my daily life, as well.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Yeah, she actually understands me quite well, more so than I was expecting, as I speak kind of quickly and don't have the clearest voice in the world...
I use her a lot in my daily life, as well.

Hi goofy,
Seems like you speak perfectly clear to me...

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
No, I mean my voice, not my wording :)
I sort of mumble a little...

Hi goofy,
I didn't understand a thing you just said,,, Smile
I think many of us are not speaking as clearly as we could, lazy I guess. But Siri seems to learn our meanderings and gets it right, 98% of the time.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same way when it comes to actual speech. Got to enunciate, speak clearly to be understood.

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hahahaha!!

I just asked Siri "Do you know Hal from 2001 A Space Odyssey?"
She replied, "Everyone knows what happened to Hal in 2001 A Space Odyssey. I'd rather not talk about it!!"

Smile, Brilliant, just brilliant...

Chas

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hahahaha!!

I just asked Siri "Do you know Hal from 2001 A Space Odyssey?"
She replied, "Everyone knows what happened to Hal in 2001 A Space Odyssey. I'd rather not talk about it!!.

Smile, Brilliant, just brilliant...

Chas
I can't get that one to work. When I ask her that, it comes up as how, not Hal.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
I can't get that one to work. When I ask her that, it comes up as how, not Hal.

Hi goofy,
Ah, you have to speak clearly, she hears what she hears, not what you're trying to say.
If you mumble or don't speak clearly, it gets it wrong.
I have encountered this myself. Enunciate.
You almost have to pronounce each syllable.
And speak toward the mic, that also helps.

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stated "Siri I Love You!"

Answer "Our Love of each other is like two long shadows kissing without hope of reality".

Yes I'm wearing headphones. d- -b

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bennettb said:
How are you using Siri. I tried to get her to type this but it didn't work.

Bobbi

Hi,
Yes, hold down the home button on your iPad or your keyboard, my wi-fi keyboard has a home button which will summon Siri,
until the microphone appears, then speak clearly towards your iPad mic.
There should be some movement on the highlighted mic as you speak, as it will react to your voice.

When done speaking it will reply back with an answer or fulfill your request, like open an app or take a memo.
I love it for setting a reminder, whether it's in 5 mins, 3 hrs., or 1.5 months from now.
Works great, tells me when my easy over eggs are ready...

Chas

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts