What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri yayyy !

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
imranbecks said:
Anyway to change the voice to a female voice? For some reason, I actually prefer Siri with the female voice :)

If you want a female voice on Siri all you have to do is go to Settings>General>Siri, touch the arrow in the Siri line, then on the next page, touch the arrow at the right side of the language line. The next page is a list of available languages. Select one,United States is best, and your Siri will now speak in a pleasing female voice.

imranbecks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want a female voice on Siri all you have to do is go to Settings>General>Siri, touch the arrow in the Siri line, then on the next page, touch the arrow at the right side of the language line. The next page is a list of available languages. Select one,United States is best, and your Siri will now speak in a pleasing female voice.

OMG.. Hahaha... I just tried it.. Thanks!!! Sorry, I'm still an iPad noob..hahaha

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
imranbecks said:
OMG.. Hahaha... I just tried it.. Thanks!!! Sorry, I'm still an iPad noob..hahaha

Oy!
I live in Canada, so I have the English (Canada) as my choice.
Although English (Australia) has a more sultry voice assistant.

Just saying Matey...

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Most of the language on Siri are really crummy.

Hi goofy,
Yeah, you're right on the money there. Thankfully we have all the choices.

English (United Kingdom) is harsh...

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Yeah. I can kind of hear the accent, but it just sounds too deep and awful.

Hi goofy,
I hope the Brit's have more choice's.
But you know, which ever voice you choose, it's all good.

Funny, thinking back to some of the science fiction movies or books.
We used to read about and see, demonstrated personal voice activated assistance, but here we are, living in the future...

Remembering the demise of brilliantly played 'Hal' in 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Chas

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi goofy,

We used to read about and see, demonstrated personal voice activated assistance, but here we are, living the the future...

Chas

Daisy, Daisy...

Probably one of the best scenes in the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And that's an appropriate person to mention. Clarke mentioned "technology indistinguishable from magic". I think we have arrived at what he was talking about.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi goofy,

We used to read about and see, demonstrated personal voice activated assistance, but here we are, living the the future...

Chas
I wish there were better Brit and Aussie voices. Anyways...

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
I wish there were better Brit and Aussie voices. Anyways...

Hi goofy,
Perhaps some day in the very near "future" an update could bring us all (each country listed) some new and interesting voices.
Adding more countries to that list, already available as well.

It's likely, always going to be a computerized voices, but eventually there will be voice assistants with reply indistinguishable from human speech.

Chas

Last edited:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
And that's an appropriate person to mention. Clarke mentioned "technology indistinguishable from magic". I think we have arrived at what he was talking about.

Hi Kevin,
Yes, Arthur was one of those rare birds, a very forward looking individual. "They" are often considered as visionaries.
I mean, when you realize "2001" was written in 1968, you can see how far ahead he was looking.

Chas

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi Kevin,
Yes, Arthur was one of those rare birds, a very forward looking individual. "They" are often considered as visionaries.
I mean, when you realize "2001" was written in 1968, you can see how far ahead he was looking.

Chas

Crucially, 2001 was written before the first lunar landing, and it's precursor, a short story called "Sentinel", a considerable time before that. 2001 stands up to scrutiny amazingly well. Clarke and Kubrick were way ahead of their time. It is still my favorite SF, in both book and movie format.

Unfortunately, neither of them lived to meet Siri. I think they would ave been pleased.

Most reactions

Latest posts