What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri yayyy !

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IS everybody happy SIRI coming to iPad yayyy for IOS 6 can't wait !!!

Sent from my iPad 3 

pcoleman721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never tried Siri (don't own an iPhone) but It would seem like your talking to yourself. I am excited it is porting to iPad, but I don't know what to say to her. Lol. Out in the wild, I have never seen anyone talk to Siri in public.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that Siri is being pushed to the automakers. That opens a world of possibilities.

pcoleman721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never used Siri before, but I hope she can navigate through menus better than Ford sync and Nissan Bluetooth connect. They seem to ask too many questions and not listen too well.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Siri on my iPhone, I never use it. Well, sometimes I'll ask the same questions they do in commercials, but I never get the same responses. Usually "she" just asks if I want a web search performed. She has never told me part of a joke. I doubt if I'll ever use it on my iPad.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Voice recognition has long been the goal of computing that was unfulfilled. Even now it is a long way from common usage. The problems that must be surmounted are huge. But now, we are at the beginning of a working product. I am excited to be at this juncture of computing. No, I will not be relying on Siri for much, but I am hopeful that it will make certain needs easier.

Bartholemew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried VRS/IVR for some years. Although hopeful, I never liked it. It just never worked properly. It would be nice if it is actually functional, as the keyboards on the phones certainly aren't designed for a man's fingers.

OP
Macette

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think she will be useful for finding an app to save searching also reminders but probably wouldn't use her in public although you get people talking away on their Bluetooth which really looks weird ....

Sent from my iPad 3 

nstinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure how useful she will be for me, but I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love Siri on my iPad! It's great. But honestly, you kind of run out of things to do with her. Thought setting reminders and alarms and opening apps from Siri is really awesome for lazy people like me.

Edit: Just asked her to tell me a joke, she told me she couldn't think of one :/

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm excited to try Siri out yes. Only have an iPhone 4 and not 4S so not familiar with using it at all yet. Just hope my Manchester accent isn't too heavy for Siri to understand (most voice recognition systems struggle).

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to admit, I don't use Siri too much on my iPhone. However, she comes in handy if you've only got one hand free and - all of a sudden - have a thought that needs reminding. The way my brain works, if I don't "write down" the thought right away, it's gone. :D So, there's that...

Be cool to see it on the iPad.

Marilyn

P.S. And I just asked her to "tell me a joke" and I got the "two iPhones walk into a bar...I forget the rest" response. Oh, and BTW, I have put all the John Malkovich lines (from those commercials) to Siri and have gotten exactly the responses he got. Of course, and as always, YMMV. :)

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been forcing myself to use Siri so my wife wouldn't bring up the fact that I used that as one reason to upgrade to the 4S. I like setting alarms when I'm out running to remind myself to go back to a live talk radio show at a certain time. With Blue tooth headphones, you just hit the "call" button and don't need to touch your phone.

Anyway, on the iPhone, you really need to speak right into the microphone for best results. The farther away you get from the mic, the greater the chance Siri won't recognize what you said. The iPad is not a phone you hold by your head, so it will be interesting to see how that works.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rarely use her on the iPhone. Can't really imagine talking into my iPad either. Now integrate her into the new Apple televisions when they come out and you've got me. 'Cause sittin' in my easy chair pushing buttons on the remote is just too darn much work. And if she can be programmed to ignore certain words, like Oprah or Kardashian? BINGO!

Most reactions