What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri issues...

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried Siri for the first time having the third-generation iPad with the IOS 6 upgrade. I started by asking Siri for the phone number of a local restaurant. Siri responses saying that I cannot place a call on this device but I can make of face time call. Why won't Siri just simply give me the phone number? I don't have a late model iPhone so Siri is new to me. I suppose if I had a newer iPhone, Siri would make the call for me rather than just give me the phone number?

So am I expecting too much from Siri?

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skallal said:
I just tried Siri for the first time having the third-generation iPad with the IOS 6 upgrade. I started by asking Siri for the phone number of a local restaurant. Siri responses saying that I cannot place a call on this device but I can make of face time call. Why won't Siri just simply give me the phone number? I don't have a late model iPhone so Siri is new to me. I suppose if I had a newer iPhone, Siri would make the call for me rather than just give me the phone number?

So am I expecting too much from Siri?

Hi skallal,
Any restaurant listed, also has a phone number attached, just lightly slide the one you chose to the left.

I hope that helps

Ah, please enjoy your meal...

Chas

OP
skallal

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chas, I don't get a list. All I get is a message from Siri saying I can't place a call on this device. What list are you talking about?

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It all depends on what you ask and how you ask.

Ask Siri for details of that restaurant , it should then put up its details on the screen.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you ask " where is the nearest (restaurant)" it will bring up a list, click the restaurant you want, and it will give you details of said restaurant.

Most reactions