What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silly Question

marcruby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first Apple product. I consider myself somewhat tech savvy and when I went to Safari to search something, I could not find the space bar. I went to the ipad manual and then looked on google images and the keyboard I saw there didn't match the one on my screen. Basically, I can't find the spacebar. No wide rectangular bar I am used to. Toggled between the two different keyboard screens with no luck. Please help out a novice.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I am certainly puzzled by your 'lack of space bar'. What is in its place? Do you just have a wide gap there? You also say that you toggled between two keyboard images and I wasn't quite clear what you meant by that. I'm probably misunderstanding you completely, so please forgive me.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No space bar will appear when pressing the URL box, because you don't need it. I noticed it once, just click on the search box

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

OP
M

marcruby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo of keyboard

I have attached two photos of the keyboard if that helps.

Thanks for helping a novice!!

Attachments

• 2011-07-08_07-42-50_289.jpg
    2011-07-08_07-42-50_289.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 412
  • 2011-07-08_07-47-48_262.jpg
    2011-07-08_07-47-48_262.jpg
    819.2 KB · Views: 442

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a previous poster suggested, the iPad on-screen keyboard is 'dynamic' and changes its layout and content according to the context. So, when you're entering a URL, there are no spaces so no need for a space bar. Notice, too, that it offers you a one-press '.com' key too. When you try to type into a regular text box, the space bar will re-appear.

Tim

OP
M

marcruby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim for clarifying. I was doing a web search in safari in the url box instead of doing it in the box to the right which was for google.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem - it wasn't a silly question after all - as you can tell from my first answer, I didn't know what I was talking about...:(

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts