What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garageband Teething problems.

stkeys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guy's can anyone help me with a few Garageband teething problems?
I'm using an Ipad 3.

I've got as far as recording some track and figured out a few things like splitting, moving, copying and pasting e.t.c. I also stumbled on the page where you add more sections to a song then lost it again :(

The problem is when I try reading the online Manual it doesn't match up to what I'm seeing on my screen.

The manual say's to Tap the Song Section button ( then shows an image of a jigsaw puzzle peice ) in the upper-left corner.

There is no such icon on my screen. Top left on my screen has, " My Songs" " Instruments" "Undo"

My Main problem right now is that when I try playing the song from the beginning it only plays the 8 bars shown on the screen then loops back.
If I swipe to the left it moves to the next 8 bars and plays them.
Pinch and Zoom doesn't work either so how do you view the whole song on the screen ?

1.How do I get it to play the whole song from beginning to end ?

2.Where is the loop on off control?

3.How do I get to the Song Section Page so I can add, delete, sections ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: I was able to figure out the answers myself apart from why I don't see any jigsaw puzzle icon, maybe I'm using a newer version of GB.

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't answer these questions yet, maybe after I learn GB a bit better. I am still trying to figure out how to listen to the metronome but not have it show up in the recording.

Attachments

• image-1701020551.jpg
    image-1701020551.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 294

Most reactions

Latest posts