What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side by side two iPads one connects the other cannot

bauernfeind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bhivetravels.yolasite.com
I've two iPads and one will not connect to the wifi/Comcast connection. I've been through the other work forums and  forums to no avail. I've reset the Network Settings and the latest I've reset all settings. I can get on the internet anywhere else, on any public wifi, anyone's house except my own. Now I will say this is a new comcast internet connection but all other devices (other iPad, iPhones, macbook pro) easily join. I'm at my wits end -- my last option is a complete wipe but I'm not sure if that will even do it given the two resets I've already done. Any thoughts?

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've two iPads and one will not connect to the wifi/Comcast connection. I've been through the other work forums and  forums to no avail. I've reset the Network Settings and the latest I've reset all settings. I can get on the internet anywhere else, on any public wifi, anyone's house except my own. Now I will say this is a new comcast internet connection but all other devices (other iPad, iPhones, macbook pro) easily join. I'm at my wits end -- my last option is a complete wipe but I'm not sure if that will even do it given the two resets I've already done. Any thoughts?
After you reset the network, did it come to the point where it asked for the network password?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi!

Certainly an odd problems but here are 2 solutions you can try :

1. Look at this link : http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/ipad-mini-will-not-accept-my-wireless-internet-password.109983/

I don't know if the OP of the above thread and yours iPad model is same or not, but the method should be same.

2. Also, there have been some cases, where increasing brightness and setting auto brightness to "off" have helped, just one of those queer situations.

You could try doing the following.
However since the problems looks like one with your device, you can try a firmware reset (erase everything and restore, or use recovery mode to restore), this has also solved the incorrect password problems many a times.
I would also recommend that you anyways consult the Genius Bar at your nearest Apple Store for a full diagnostic run.

Good luck!

OP
bauernfeind

bauernfeind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bhivetravels.yolasite.com
OP Well I read the links above to resolve the issue to no avail. My last choice is to do the complete reset and after that I guess a trip to the Genius store ... might try that first. Hate to do the complete reset. How do I find the network's web address to change the password as suggested in the link ?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OP Well I read the links above to resolve the issue to no avail. My last choice is to do the complete reset and after that I guess a trip to the Genius store ... might try that first. Hate to do the complete reset. How do I find the network's web address to change the password as suggested in the link ?

A complete reset is always the last solution when nothing helps, so the Genius Bar should be first up your list.

HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD : http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/change-the-login-and-password-on-your-router

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts