What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have had it with this piece of crap. Ever since the last upgrade, I can be jumping around or even just reading FB or a news article and my iPad shuts down on me. Then I have to start all over again. I'm about ready to take a hammer to this damn thing. I will never buy another apple product...EVER!! Is anyone aware of a better tablet that offers what I get with the iPad...minus the headache?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have had it with this piece of crap. Ever since the last upgrade, I can be jumping around or even just reading FB or a news article and my iPad shuts down on me. Then I have to start all over again. I'm about ready to take a hammer to this damn thing. I will never buy another apple product...EVER!! Is anyone aware of a better tablet that offers what I get with the iPad...minus the headache?

I checked your posting history, and last year you said you were fed up with iPad and thinking of going with a Kindle Fire. Amazon just unveiled some new tablets, so maybe you'd be happier with one of those.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest you contact apples support, they are a lot more helpful than you would think. It's obviously a faulty unit so I would take it back to an apple store. I know this is a pain, because mine is a 2 hour drive away. But if your under warranty then they should fix it or replace it. Trust me if you have a warranty then use it before its too late! If not then I'm guessing you have had it for 12 months and many things tend to go faulty after a while and I'm sure it's worth spending the money to repair it. Has it ever been dropped?
A while back my iPod video had battery problems and one day just died. When I opened it up I just wiggled the battery cables and it worked perfectly since. Yours could be as simple as that (however I would leave this to someone with the correct tools to do so). If the battery is still on a high percentage of charge and it is shutting itself down as you say, can you then turn it straight back on after? Do you use a case that could be holding the top on/off standby button pressed down. Check this button to ensure its not stuck. Have you tried to do a restore? If it is a problem where it just shuts it down, doing a restore may help to resolve this as it may be a problem with the firmware. First try a few of these tips, if you want to you can provide a little more information on how it's behaving exactly I may be able to assist more. Also check the app store for any battery Apps as there is some that can help you manage your battery reserves and give you an estimation on what could be zapping your power up.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPads aren't going to please everyone, and OP has a long history of being unhappy with his or her iPad. There are alternatives, and I'm not an Apple pimp, lol.

I just ordered a Kindle Fire HD a couple of days ago myself. I like my iPads, my Kindle Fire original, Samsung Galaxy Note and other mobile gadgets. There are plenty of options for consumers to choose from.

Last edited by a moderator:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I checked your posting history, and last year you said you were fed up with iPad and thinking of going with a Kindle Fire. Amazon just unveiled some new tablets, so maybe you'd be happier with one of those.

I agree here, with Kay and reviewing the history of the OP. Sometimes Apple products just are not the right fit for some members, thankfully there are other products out on the market that can be tried out to see which works out.

And as a side note...let's just kept this thread civil and not a personal directive/insult to others here.

Thanks.

OP
P

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Is the battery low? It will shut down automatically when the battery is low.

No the battery isn't low, but I can tell you I do seem to be recharging more that I remember having to...in the short time I've begun using it again

OP
P

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
corncob said:
I had read a review on Asus Android tablets and thought they were pretty competitive.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts