What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2: shutting down

LA Ulep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ever since I've upgraded to iOS 6.1.2, my ipad shuts down / turns off from time to time. with some slight movement, or working on something, it just turns off. It doesn't just happen to me, it also happens to my wife's ipad 2. is it something to do with the software?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ever since I've upgraded to iOS 6.1.2, my ipad shuts down / turns off from time to time. with some slight movement, or working on something, it just turns off. It doesn't just happen to me, it also happens to my wife's ipad 2. is it something to do with the software?

I sometimes have the same problem. Silly cause really. I have a leather protective case with a magnet which turns off the screen when closed. When he case is opened (folded back on itself) it can easily affect the shutdown routine.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
LA Ulep

LA Ulep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its going to sleep. it's just irritating. hopefully no serious problem, but its recurring

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be that you have the AutoLock settings set so the iPad goes to sleep too soon? May I recommend you check to see how much time you have [set] before the iPad goes to sleep. In case you don't know, you can check by going to the General tab in your Settings app and looking under "Auto-Lock."

Maybe giving it more time before it goes to sleep will help?

Marilyn

OP
LA Ulep

LA Ulep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yup, for both ipad. but it doesn't go to sleep prior to upgrading the os

OP
LA Ulep

LA Ulep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
autolock is set at 10mins. though the sleep mode happens while I'm using or actively touching the screen.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
yup, for both ipad. but it doesn't go to sleep prior to upgrading the os

Sometimes the iPad may miss a beat after an upgrade. You have probably done this, but if not I suggest you reset your iPad, something Apple recommends should be done periodically anyway. Do this:

Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding until the Apple logo appears, then let both buttons go. Then wait patiently until your wallpaper returns and slide to on.

Let's know how you got on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
LA Ulep

LA Ulep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
actually i've done that as well.... still experiencing occasional sleep... still observing. hopefully, nothing serious.....

Most reactions

Latest posts