What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showed the man the ipad

Mecread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
at bestbuy today. He is not a tech type person at all, that I find funny as most of his work is GPS/wap type singles. He works for a agri sprayer company

So I bought and ipad to use as more or less net lite. He was playing with apps on it and was excited to see see how many back roads showed up on one of the apps ( think weather.com) as the GPS's he as looked at has not fit want he wanted and when he travels its a gps combo with maps. Many hours spend looking at Gps's for his company truck.

So i got a 64 just wifi, and as we walked out the store he goes can I use that with cell single .. and I was uh not the one I bought, as I did not me using it as a tomtom type app LOL

So can I tether it to any cell or if i got him would I want to go on and get data plan? He can travel up to a 400 mile range from home in busy seasons.

I am not looking to buy him one today, but more or less mulling over what I want to do when I do it.

He has a samsung rugby and I am waiting on my iphone, We only get ATT that is any count that does not kill you when you move out of network area.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yes you will want to get an iPad 3G it is well worth the extre $100.

#1 you get the option to sign up for ATT cell service when ever you want without contract. For if you go on a long trip for example then cancle it when you get back.
#2 The ipad 3G comes with a built in GPS chip so the GPS will work without needing any cell service.

OP
M

Mecread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks good to know, if i do buy him one later on he is just getting the 16, as I don't see him using much more then netflix over grown gps.

Most reactions

Latest posts