What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine over a month ago hoping to get here by Mothers Day which I was told would happen and I still don't even have a shipping date yet. This SUCKS!!!

Cya

I finally got ahold of someone at VZW that would take a moment to research my order and tell me what the hold up was.
When I placed my order for the iPad I also placed an order for a few accessories and come to find out that is what is holding up the entire order. I made sure to order the accessories separate from the iPad but since it all goes under one name and one shipping address they wrapped it all into one order.

They said they couldn't (or wouldn't )separate the accessories from the iPad into two orders and they had no answer as to why I was never notified of the problem.

It was only after I threatened to cancel the order that anyone would even give me the time of day.

I left the order in place for now and I'm looking elsewhere for an iPad. When and or if VZW gets their act together I'll just keep the accessories and send back the iPad. I'm not sure yet.

Cya

Panther61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered from the Apple Store 4/28 and initially received ship date 5/12 and delivery date 5/13. I just joined the forum and am I correct that the unit and order tracking will follow the Ipad2 from the factory in China to my door? Anyway, the delivery date just updated to ship 5/12 and deliver 5/19.

Update unit shipped Monday 5/9 from China UPS and is supposed to deliver to MD Thursday the 12th.

mrphantuan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my 16gb black wifi iPad 2 on April 17. Got an email this morning saying it shipped! UPS says I should have it on May 3 before Noon! Anybody know if you can change the delivery time? I dont get home till 2pm and would hate to miss it.

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS must have the worst shipping procedures ever. Makes no sense why it had to go to 2 different places in china then Korea then to Alaska and then all the way to Kentucky... i mean really? I live in California. Delivery date still says the 10th so we will see tomorrow if i get it.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine over a month ago hoping to get here by Mothers Day which I was told would happen and I still don't even have a shipping date yet. This SUCKS!!!

Cya

I finally got ahold of someone at VZW that would take a moment to research my order and tell me what the hold up was.
When I placed my order for the iPad I also placed an order for a few accessories and come to find out that is what is holding up the entire order. I made sure to order the accessories separate from the iPad but since it all goes under one name and one shipping address they wrapped it all into one order.

They said they couldn't (or wouldn't )separate the accessories from the iPad into two orders and they had no answer as to why I was never notified of the problem.

It was only after I threatened to cancel the order that anyone would even give me the time of day.

I left the order in place for now and I'm looking elsewhere for an iPad. When and or if VZW gets their act together I'll just keep the accessories and send back the iPad. I'm not sure yet.

Cya

Wouldn't ya know it...Got the confirmation email tonight about the shipment and the estimated delivery of the 11th.

I was going to leave in the morning to go see if I could fulfill my iPad desires and then this.

I'll just wait till Wednesday the 11th.

Cya

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 4/23 with engraving from the apple store. It shipped on 5/5 and jumped thru fedex hubs in china, hong kong and the usa. I missed the delivery yesterday 5/9 but am waiting for the delivery today on 5/10 so this is pretty fast. I am happy I waited to avoid screen leakage problems!:)

thegreatgate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 3 separate orders...All made same day (4/25)..

All had original dates of shipment on May 9th (precisely 2 weeks) with delivery on May 12th (2-3 day shipping)...At time of order delivery said 1-2 weeks..

Here is my shipping info on the 3 orders:

BEST (landed in Kentucky 1:00am this morning but I live in Michigan):
GlQAs.png

OK:
AmAQF.png

WORST (no updates since the 6th):
F1Lmm.png

TJdaSportsGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 3 separate orders...All made same day (4/25)..

All had original dates of shipment on May 9th (precisely 2 weeks) with delivery on May 12th (2-3 day shipping)...At time of order delivery said 1-2 weeks..

Here is my shipping info on the 3 orders:

BEST (landed in Kentucky 1:00am this morning but I live in Michigan):
GlQAs.png

OK:
AmAQF.png

WORST (no updates since the 6th):
F1Lmm.png

Sounds like we were on the same path between my one order and the one you labeled "OK". Here's what I got:

Code:
Los Angeles, CA, United States	05/10/2011	4:41 P.M.	Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China	05/10/2011	9:47 P.M.	Departure Scan
Chengdu, China	05/09/2011	10:46 A.M.	Departure Scan
Chengdu, China	05/08/2011	1:03 A.M.	Departure Scan
EPZ, China	05/07/2011	9:29 P.M.	Departure Scan
05/07/2011	2:51 A.M.	Origin Scan
China	05/07/2011	3:40 A.M.	Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Wonder how long it'll take to get from Cali to NC. I'd love to get it tomorrow but I'm thinking Thursday is more likely.

rdvt4me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine shipped on Monday the 9th. It's currently in Alaska, supposed to be delivered in SoCal on Thursday......can't wait. Original delivery date was the 13th, moved up to the 12th.

macnutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered from the Apple Store 4/28 and initially received ship date 5/12 and delivery date 5/13. I just joined the forum and am I correct that the unit and order tracking will follow the Ipad2 from the factory in China to my door? Anyway, the delivery date just updated to ship 5/12 and deliver 5/19.

Update unit shipped Monday 5/9 from China UPS and is supposed to deliver to MD Thursday the 12th.

Interesting. I ordered my Ipad2 64GB Wi-Fi 3G ATT Black from Apple online the very same day. Received tracking info and it was shipped 5/9 from China UPS. So far it has gone to 2 different cities in China as of today. Should receive update in the morning. I also ordered a Smart Cover and a Digital AV Adapter at the same time. The Smart Cover was sent from China-Anchorage-Illinois.

Hard to believe they would ship the Ipad and Smart Cover all the way from China directly to me. Would think these items would be sent from somewhere in the USA. The Digital Adapter was sent from California. I'm assuming I will get the Ipad by Friday or Monday at the latest. Hopefully!!!!!!!

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine on April 30th it'll be here Thursday.

Shipment Travel History Help Select time zone:

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
Date/Time Activity Location DetailsMay 10, 2011 1:33 PM

Int'l shipment release
ANCHORAGE, AK
May 10, 2011 12:37 PMArrived at FedEx locationANCHORAGE, AK
May 10, 2011 7:04 PMIn transitCHEK LAP KOK HK
May 9, 2011 11:20 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HK
May 9, 2011 5:56 PMIn transitLANTAU ISLAND HK
May 9, 2011 1:36 PMLeft FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN CN
May 8, 2011 8:38 PMShipment information sent to FedEx
May 9, 2011 7:36 AMPicked upSHENZHEN CN

Sent from my iPad 64 GB, WiFi, 3G using iPF

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMadHatter said:
UPS must have the worst shipping procedures ever. Makes no sense why it had to go to 2 different places in china then Korea then to Alaska and then all the way to Kentucky... i mean really? I live in California. Delivery date still says the 10th so we will see tomorrow if i get it.

I think you can have them hold it and you pick up at ups or you can per sign with apple and they will deliver with out you being there but it's on you if any thing happens to it after its drop off

Sent from my iPad using iPF

djhancock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I may be one of the lucky ones. The last time I checked the status of my order it said it was shipping on the 13th, to arrive on the 20th. Received notice this morning that the order has already shipped and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays on schedule.

thegreatgate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I may be one of the lucky ones. The last time I checked the status of my order it said it was shipping on the 13th, to arrive on the 20th. Received notice this morning that the order has already shipped and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays on schedule.

I had 3 separate orders all made on the 25th of April...

2 were shipped May 6th (Friday) - One landed in Kentucky on the 10th at 1am, the other landed and departed LA, California on the 10th...

All were ordered with 2-3 day shipping (Friday doesn't count, Saturday doesn't count...Sunday doesn't count.....MON = 1...TUES = 2 Wednesday = 3 or arrival

Just pray it gets there Friday because UPS is horrible....They don't deliver on Saturday's or Sunday's.....

A good tip my brother told me is to schedule it for pickup at the local UPS office because although they don't deliver on Saturday....They are open on Saturday and you could go in and pick up merchandise on a Saturday...

Most reactions

Latest posts