What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my iPad 2 late because didn't have the money at the time of its launch--so my original estimated date of arrival was April 28th. After checking my account today it has been moved to April 23rd. I know that it's not a HUGE improvement, but it's better than nothing. Has anyone else had this happen? :)

My guess? This may be indicative that Apple has been able to find new suppliers for its production chain (outside Japan) and that we'll see more units in a shorter period of time than we thought. If anything, the shipment date will continue to be shortened. (or maybe i'm just overly optimistic) Thoughts?

cheers

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Engraved?

Is yours engraved? I cancelled my order from a reseller and ordered from Apple on the 21. I had a ETA of 28, then it moved to the 26, but mine is engraved. That may be why you moved up ahead of me. I'm hoping it moves up another week. What about you?

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rumor is April 21 is the ship date for most.

According to peeps on the apple forums, apple stopped ipad2 production lines to sort out the screen leakage. Apple engineers sent to the plant in china. It seems everyone with an online order, and everyone with a scheduled replacement has an eta ship date of 21 April or later.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i ordered online a couple days ago, and they've given me a apr15 shipment date with a delivery of apr26. i'm kinda hopeful of a date earlier than that.

but, i'd be happy for a slightly later shipment date if it meant a more better construct.

OP
B

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes mine is engraved with my initials. I'm not sure what, if any effect this has on shipment date. Of course my smartcover shipped almost immediately--the next four weeks are going to be brutal, lol. I've tried to forget about it (and avoid these forums) but...it's an iPad 2, lol

I haven't been to an apple store since launch. Does apple have stores filled with new display iPads? if they are...that seems like a waste IMHO

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on March 17th and it has the ship date of April 21st, hasn't changed.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SporkLover said:
The rumor is April 21 is the ship date for most.

According to peeps on the apple forums, apple stopped ipad2 production lines to sort out the screen leakage. Apple engineers sent to the plant in china. It seems everyone with an online order, and everyone with a scheduled replacement has an eta ship date of 21 April or later.

That would be great. I would love NOT TO HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH SCREEN LEAKAGE. that's ONE AND ONLY ONE PRO to waiting a month. (just saw another guy with one, so jealous cuz he just waited an hour at BB on launch day)

sjleworthy said:
i ordered online a couple days ago, and they've given me a apr15 shipment date with a delivery of apr26. i'm kinda hopeful of a date earlier than that.

but, i'd be happy for a slightly later shipment date if it meant a more better construct.

Not fair! But it's k.

Broseph said:
Yes mine is engraved with my initials. I'm not sure what, if any effect this has on shipment date. Of course my smartcover shipped almost immediately--the next four weeks are going to be brutal, lol. I've tried to forget about it (and avoid these forums) but...it's an iPad 2, lol

I haven't been to an apple store since launch. Does apple have stores filled with new display iPads? if they are...that seems like a waste IMHO

I think engraving delays it like 2 days. I know typically when you buy like a iPod or some. Itll be like 2-3 days ship for none and 3-5 with. Im not so worried about that. Engraving is the only reason I haven't walked forty five miles to a BB and slept there. But let's hang in there together. Three days til April then 21 days til the best day of 2011.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
what pissed me off is the fact i stayed up late to order at 1am exactly. wanted to get one of the first orders in. the shipment times were in the order of 3-4 weeks?

eh? it's still 3-4 weeks days later. they've obviously not kept up their 'first come first serve' policy any more. wish i'd have known - i'd have stayed in bed.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am employed with a retailer group The Good Guys and one of our stores in the suburbs of. Brisbane is a full Apple reseller they have had no returns or complaints regard screen or any other issues from the large number that were sold on release. You have to remember Apple according to reports is only manufacturing 2.5 million ipads a month and based on reports did not start ipsd2 production until late Jan demand is greater than supply and any dates shown on line and stores are estimates. The other factor is colors and models. Some models will sell faster than others and that will effect delivery times. Hope this helps.

greygoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on March 21 when it said 4-5 weeks for shipping. Still no change in status for me.

IPAD WI-FI 16GB WHITE-USA
Ships: Apr 21
Delivers: Apr 26

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what pissed me off is the fact i stayed up late to order at 1am exactly. wanted to get one of the first orders in. the shipment times were in the order of 3-4 weeks?

eh? it's still 3-4 weeks days later. they've obviously not kept up their 'first come first serve' policy any more. wish i'd have known - i'd have stayed in bed.

When I looked at like 1259 PST, it was like ships in 3-5. Hate to think that Apple really was scandalous about what people were seeing. Oops.

DSTAngieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine engraved from the Apple Store on the release date and got a delivery date of April 8th.

But this morning, I got an e-mail saying that my shipment is scheduled for delivery on the 4th. Even better, the FedEx tracking says it'll be her on April 1st!

I'm hoping FedEx is right! :D

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
shipment date moved up

yes my shipping date moved from april 26 to april 21st. With delivery, I should have it by april 26. Its not a huge change but 5 days is 5 days
annette

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on March 18, with a delivery date of April 26. I cancelled on March 25 when I found one in a Target store near where my husband works - and he went to get it for me!!! So I got mine a month early and couldn't be happier!!! Maybe my cancellation moved someone else up in the line!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts