What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forest007 said:
That's funny...

I'm still waiting for mine to ship (4/26). Maybe I should try speeding up the ship date by hitting the refresh button on the apple.com page...lol:)

Lemme know if you have any luck with that because I been trying for three weeks.

*presses refresh on iPF accidentally*

Bilben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I had to track down the FedEx truck this afternoon as they weren't going to deliver my iPad 2 until tomorrow, and I'm glad I did! Worth the wait, too. Now I have to wait forever all over again so I can get the Otterbox case, but at least I can have fun waiting.

Delivery date: April 11
Original delivery date: April 22

iRockSteady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bilben said:
Well, I had to track down the FedEx truck this afternoon as they weren't going to deliver my iPad 2 until tomorrow, and I'm glad I did! Worth the wait, too. Now I have to wait forever all over again so I can get the Otterbox case, but at least I can have fun waiting.

Delivery date: April 11
Original delivery date: April 22

Why would you get an otterbox case for your iPad 2? Apple made the glass extremely resilient to scratches smudges etc. I have a black carbon fiber wrap on the back which adds zero bulk and protects from normal wear and tear scratches. Love it. Smart cover for the front which is also a great accessory. Apple designed the smart cover for the iPad 2 and it works great. Good luck w your otterbox...

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you get an otterbox case for your iPad 2? Apple made the glass extremely resilient to scratches smudges etc. I have a black carbon fiber wrap on the back which adds zero bulk and protects from normal wear and tear scratches. Love it. Smart cover for the front which is also a great accessory. Apple designed the smart cover for the iPad 2 and it works great. Good luck w your otterbox...

I plan on ordering the otterbox case for mine. Not sure about Bilben but the reason behind wrapping it in an otterbox for me are, 7 month old that loves computers and shiny objects, two cats, two dogs, plus I will be using it at work (hospital), and I am working on a way to mount it in the jeep for an inclinometer and maps system.

iRockSteady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wigsajumper said:
I plan on ordering the otterbox case for mine. Not sure about Bilben but the reason behind wrapping it in an otterbox for me are, 7 month old that loves computers and shiny objects, two cats, two dogs, plus I will be using it at work (hospital), and I am working on a way to mount it in the jeep for an inclinometer and maps system.

I can definitely see why you would use an otterbox! I have no children, one dog who knows to stay away from the iPad haha, and will not use it at work... I love my setup for it. Btw the jeep mount sounds really, really cool ;)

Forest007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRockSteady said:

Where did u get your carbon fiber wrap?

misterdee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from the UK and placed my order on the morning of the 25th March. Estimated shipping date was 15th April and delivery on the 20th April :(

But!! Monday I got a text from Apple saying my order has been shipped and my estimated delivery date is now tomorrow... the 13th! 2 days before they estimated it would even be shipped.

Happy? OH YES!

Seems like Apple have forgotten about our little island after all and hopefully everyone will start seeing their shipping dates coming forward :)

Bilben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRockSteady said:

I wang the otter box because I have kids, one with ADHD. Even if he's sitting nicely on the couch he'll still drop it somehow, and I do want to let him use it. I thought long and hard about covering up the perfection of the iPad, but I would rather have a bulky working iPad than no iPad at all.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnybones said:
My credit car finally got processed :)

how long does it usually take for them to ship it when they charge your card?

Idk. Mine got charged Sunday but it still says PFS. IM SO SAD. This is the second day. Why won't it leave? Why won't it ship? Someone needs to kidnap it.

Sniffles: based on apple order tracker, average 2 days max.

iRockSteady said:

I'm getting one because I travel a lot and because children will be using mind as well in addition to my own clumsiness. Also, I want Padi to always be pristine. I have a more conservative case relaxed days at home.

Last edited:

iRockSteady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forest007 said:
Where did u get your carbon fiber wrap?

Slickwraps.com

I got the carbon fiber back for $20 w $3 shipping. Arrived in 3 days. I LOVE it. It's extremely easy to apply, no bubbles at all, you can even remove it and reposition if necessary, it's durable, adds ZERO bulk, feels and looks great, and best of all it does it's job! That combined with a smart cover is perfect IMO :)

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday the delivery date for my ipad2 was April 26th. Today, it is the 25th!! I know it's only one day sooner but I'm still :D

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well according to Apple tomorrow is the day that the little one and I will be hanging out on the porch all day waiting for the Fedex guy to show up. It better come tomorrow have to do the 20th high school reunion this weekend for the wife down in NC. (28 hours on the road)

NHiPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First post!

Bumped from the 21st to today! Should get it by Friday.

No more reading on the "old" Touch for me!

Most reactions

Latest posts