What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting Up Ipad Air

jim dandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need assistance in setting up my iPad Air with these questions please.

1) I would like to set the iPad up using Microsoft Outlook, how do I go about it? Do I need to buy anything?

2) When I click the icon to browse it opens to the last website that I visited. How can I set it so that it always opens to the website I select?

3) In Windows I can create a list of Favorite websites that I can easily get to by just clicking on it in the list, how do I do this on my iPad?

4) When registering my iPad with Apple I was required to give my credit card information along with a lot of other personal information, is this a good thing to do?

Thanks all.........

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Need assistance in setting up my iPad Air with these questions please. 1) I would like to set the iPad up using Microsoft Outlook, how do I go about it? Do I need to buy anything? 2) When I click the icon to browse it opens to the last website that I visited. How can I set it so that it always opens to the website I select? 3) In Windows I can create a list of Favorite websites that I can easily get to by just clicking on it in the list, how do I do this on my iPad? 4) When registering my iPad with Apple I was required to give my credit card information along with a lot of other personal information, is this a good thing to do? Thanks all.........
1. Your Outlook account can be set up in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendar - Add Account. Choose "Outlook.com" there:

image-1309755991.jpg
Enter your name, account and password, then save it. You'll find the email account in the Mail app after setting it up.

2. It's not possible to add something like a "home-page" to Safari. It will open to the website you visited last time, or your favorites icons.

3. You can add favorites the following way:
Open a website you want to save. Tap the "Share" icon, and then "Bookmark":

image-1778380008.jpg

To change the name that is displayed, tap the line above the address. The keyboard will pop up so you can enter a name. In "Locations" choose "Favorites". If it isn't visible, tap what's next to "Locations" to find it. After choosing "Favorites", save it.

4. This may be answered by Apple's Customer Privacy Policy:
Protection of Personal Information

Apple takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you want Safari to open to a certain page every time, try these. (These are work arounds)

Go to that page before exiting out of Safari

or

Save that page to your home Screen and use that to enter Safari instead of the Safari icon on the "tool bar".

Just a couple ideas. I have Google on my home screen and use that to start Safari so as can start on the Google page.

Dfwipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on bookmarks. I am brand new to Apple and to the iPad Air. I have my Air for one week now.

Most reactions

Latest posts