What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up IMAP email and cnat change mailbox behaviors

cmantz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.IdentityElements.com
I am trying to setup a new email address using IMAP. I would like the sent, trash and draft messages to be saved on the server vs saving them on my ipad2.

For some reason I am not able to select "to the server" when I go to the mailbox behaviors. It shows it but I can't select it.

I had no problems setting up the same email account on my iphone4.

Is there a reason I can't change this on my iPad?

I am running the most recent update on all my devices...iOS 5.1

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

jfinlayson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I encountered the same problem on 2 out of 3 iphones I configured today. The only light I might shed on this comes from 1 of the 2 failing phones.

I had started with an existing IMAP account on the iphone. I changed the server settings to point to a different incoming server (where the account had different folders). At that point, I could still select "to the server", but the folder list that was presented there were the folders on the OLD server. I didn't see a way to refresh the folder list, but when I tried again a few minutes later, the server option was unselectable, as you describe. I continued fiddling with settings (root folder, SSL, etc.), but nothing I tried worked. After reverting the settings back to what they were, I went searching for solutions online. Found nothing helpful, but when I tried again, the server options had become selectable again, and it now showed the folder list from the NEW server.

So it may be that it just takes a while for the folder list to get refreshed after creating or changing server settings, and that at various stages during that process, the server option becomes unavailable. Just a guess.

Did you ever solve the problem on your iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts