What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Feedback: Incase Convertible Book Jacket

Alcoholicaust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the convertible book jacket since the wifi's launch day. I've got two now. The first one had that problem where my iPad kept slipping out. I called incase about it, and they sent me a warranty replacement and told me to keep the old one. The new one I'd received is tighter it seems, but I still got some shimmy out of it. I ended up putting a full body skin/shield by clear coat on it. The tackiness of the skin keeps my iPad in place inside the book jacket. A little bit of liquid car wax on the front screen removes the tackiness so I can swipe my fingers across it comfortably and without hangups.

As for the rest of the case, I've noticed the cover bows out a little now that I've gotten some use out of it. I actually enjoy the extra thickness the cover provides as it helps me grip the device better. I like the case. I don't love it. Still waiting for that one folio style case to just be "the one."

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I have an incase for my ipad.
I like that its leather and the inside is ok. but its cheaply made. I already got a part of the leather that is split.

The cut outs dont match the accessory ports like they should.
Headphone jack is completely coverd
ipad doesnt stay all way way in, it slowly slides out.

OP
Brad Groux

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I like that its leather and the inside is ok. but its cheaply made. I already got a part of the leather that is split.

First of all, it's imitation leather and I imagine it isn't incredibly durable... I better scratching it with a fingernail too hard would rip the "leather," or at least show a visible. It's kind of sad that a $60 dollar case isn't real leather. My ports are lined up perfectly with the cuts, you must have one of the earlier models as that is a problem they fixed. The seams of the case are well constructed and the iPad secures snuggly for the most part. Overall I am happy with the case, but it isn't perfect. I'll give more juicy bits tomorrow with photos and video as well.

MarksPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have one and my cut outs are fine. Best of all I got it for FREE from Apple :D my iPad was stuck in Thailand for 3 days so I call to ask what the deal was, he said for the inconvenience let's get you a free accessory ... he named a few but all were shipping in 3 weeks so I said I was looking a cases at best buy. He said we have some the apple case is not great, but we have a incase convertible, I said sure :ipad-case: , got here the day after the iPad. :)

OP
Brad Groux

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com

I have one and my cut outs are fine. Best of all I got it for FREE from Apple :D my iPad was stuck in Thailand for 3 days so I call to ask what the deal was, he said for the inconvenience let's get you a free accessory ... he named a few but all were shipping in 3 weeks so I said I was looking a cases at best buy. He said we have some the apple case is not great, but we have a incase convertible, I said sure :ipad-case: , got here the day after the iPad. :)

That's a nice perk, I paid $70 for mine from the online Apple store after tax and shipping.

jaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello i have the incase convertible and I love it!! and also...im pretty sure its real leather coz it fully smells like it!!! :)

mayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the convertible book jacket since the wifi's launch day. I've got two now. The first one had that problem where my iPad kept slipping out. I called incase about it, and they sent me a warranty replacement and told me to keep the old one."
Alcoholicaust, Thank you so much for your post on your experience with the " Incase iPad Convertible Book Jacket". I too have had one since launch day and love it other than the sliding out issue. Because of your post I called Incase yesterday and they told me that yes indeed there were issues withe original case. Most likely because they only had the "specs" from Apple and no real product to test. The Incase representative had me fill out an online "Warranty Form" and I'm sure they will honor my claim and send me a replacement. I'm hoping the new one has better cut outs and some way to prevent slippage as I really like the case.

PMudditt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just taken mine back for refund at Newcastle Apple store because of the sliding out issue, over here in the UK they do not seem to have any of the new batch with the Velcro locking mechanism for holding the iPad in. I really liked the convertible case I just hope the new batch are getting shipped over here as well soon.

Samurai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lisa@fortte, smart move to welcome suggestions! Some companies would get defensive. I predict great success for a company that gives customers what they want.

Most reactions

Latest posts