What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZooGue Case Review

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two questions:

1. The review mentioned that the weight of the case is about 12 ounces. Does anyone know the weight of Apple's iPad case? I have the Apple case and am thinking of replacing it and the reason I ask is I commute daily with case and weight is critical.

2. How is the case for typing? That's what I use it most for and it seems that it's lowest position may not be low enough.

ussdfiant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received mine today and am impressed overall. However I also am seeing some of the white "insides" on mine, right by the volume rocker. Certainly not a deal breaker but noticeable.

Leafgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but did you say anything about a difference in signal strength when inside the case?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some ideas for next gen zoogue is use hard plastic iside the leather for panels, I find my is bending a lot from use or in a certain position..

Also, I mention in my brief review, that the measurements are off, the side where home button is perfect, but the other Side where hole is for cam, that side obstructs the iPad touch screen..

Nevertheless, the case is awesome and the original design makes up for it's flaws and is why I gave it 7.8 out 10..

I seen some imitations on eBay for like 10, but I don't think they compare..

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some ideas for next gen zoogue is use hard plastic iside the leather for panels, I find my is bending a lot from use or in a certain position..

Also, I mention in my brief review, that the measurements are off, the side where home button is perfect, but the other Side where hole is for cam, that side obstructs the iPad touch screen..

Nevertheless, the case is awesome and the original design makes up for it's flaws and is why I gave it 7.8 out 10..

I seen some imitations on eBay for like 10, but I don't think they compare..

i finaly agree with you on something :p A big yes on a better plastic to help maintain the shape.. Aside from these issues i still love my ZooGue case.. i wished it were a bit thinner but i think the functions of the case make up for it. I use this case most of the time unless im packing very very light. :eek:

Gadget01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered mine- hoping it ships via Priority since I have an APO address. Using it nekked until then, transporting it in a CaseLogic neoprene portable DVD bag. I doubt it will fit in this bag anymore once in the Zoogue, but that probably won't matter from what I've seen/heard.

edit: a day later, received an email that my new case was shipped via priority... win!

Last edited:

mrnoshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine Sunday and got it Wednesday...very fast indeed.
I am pretty impressed with the case so far. Much better than the Apple case I had...
I can tell this one is going to be much more durable.

Great product and great business!

Gadget01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received mine today, ordered on Monday the 2nd. That's as good as it gets for being stationed overseas- truly excellent service.

The case fits very well and functions perfectly. The only improvement I would ask for would be magnets in the flap's corners. This is a feature I've enjoyed in EB Cases for my iPod touch and pocket PCs. The straps do that just fine, but magnets would be much more convenient.

ckole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your case sounds very promising. While I probably know the answer to this but any change my iPad will fit with the Incipio Feather Sleeve on it? These are about as narrow as you can get but since I use my device in may ways I like to have some grip and protection whether it is in a folio type case or not.

I also agree with the wrap around issue. I have another folio style case and you can't always get to things in the very corners of the screen. Just some feedback from a observer. I am a road warrior and trying to find a good balance for using my ipad on the road and when on the couch.

geo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may have been asked before but will this case fit in the Griffin A-frame stand? I use the Griffin on my desk but really think the Zoogue is a nice looking case. Think it might make a better permanent home for my iPad. Using the Apple iPad case now which fits the Griffin but is overall kind of dull.

ckole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI the Feather case add 1.5-2mm of thickness. I don't think it is more than that. Have you considered making a different version where the ipad would click into place vs slide in thus avoiding any leather so close to the edges? Similar to what is pictured below. I only say this because I like the functionality of your case but not a fan of the slide in method. I do know you have a good return policy so in the end I may cave and give it a try. :)

Sorry for the monster image. Just linked from a vendor site. Will be happy to delete from post after your comments.

Thanks for participating in these forums.

ipadhybridblack3.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts