What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen scratch. Finally

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well woke up this morning to find a few hairline scratches on my iPad.

You can only see em when it's off and the perfect angle into some bright light. I assume it's from the microfiber cloth and dust.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah just becarefull when you clean the screen not to be to rough. But I would advise getting a screen protector!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. Screen protector is the way to go. I've never had a device without one -alll my past PDAs/smartphones, current iPhone and all my past iPhones, as well as my tablet netbook. I have the Invisible Shield on iPad and it's great. I have a crystal clear static type screen protector on the others and they works fine too. I'm very glad though to have the Invisible Shield.

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
I haven't used a screen protector on my devices for ages, I used to use them al of the time and I was obsessed with cases and screen protectors to keep my devices scratch free, But now I don't use them anymore because they are always annoying to put on and I find they bring up too many bubbles that you keep having to smooth out. With that being said I haven't used one for my iPhone and iPad, I only have cases for them and I haven't had any kind of scratches on my devices... touch wood I never do either.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whats good to clean screen with if u don't have a protector? I been using windex and a napkin lol works great but not sure if that's what m suppose to use

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
I am just using the cloth I got with my iPad Apple case, a normal black cleaning cloth, works all of the time I just wipe my device smoothly using that to get all of the fingerprints off it as we all know the ipad is a fingerprint magnet.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it's too good to use a napkin. Any soft cloth or microfiber towels from the dollar store work really well.

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
I am going to agree with 1991 here as the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is near enough as impossible to get a scratch, just loads of dirt and fingerprints. Give it a good clean with a cloth

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
I don't think you can use screensavers on the iPad... Can you? Least I don't think you can all I have is the picture on the lock screen and I have display set to off after 2 minutes

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
No need to say sorry bud, screen protectors are just meant to protect the devices screen from scratches when these devices are impossible to get scratches and using screen protectors I feel they are a waste of money and they are not needed if you look after your device properly and you can also just get yourself a case which will also cover the screen when not in use.

Most reactions

Latest posts