What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Scratch!

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
During a recent winter trip to Yuma, Arizona where the wind and dust are a problem, I git a deep scratch on my screen. Before that I never had a problem, so did not have a screen protector. Now that it is there, it is creating a rough spot when I handwrite with my Jot stylus. I really don't want to abandon that stylus, so I am looking fir a way to mechanically fill the scratch. A wax polish of some sort?

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
During a recent winter trip to Yuma, Arizona where the wind and dust are a problem, I git a deep scratch on my screen. Before that I never had a problem, so did not have a screen protector. Now that it is there, it is creating a rough spot when I handwrite with my Jot stylus. I really don't want to abandon that stylus, so I am looking fir a way to mechanically fill the scratch. A wax polish of some sort?

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Short of replacing the screen, your best choice would be a screen protector. It would cover the scratch so the stylus doesn't catch on the scratch.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Short of replacing the screen, your best choice would be a screen protector. It would cover the scratch so the stylus doesn't catch on the scratch.

Excellent idea! I had earlier thought that it would be something like locking the proverbial barn door after the flight of the horse, but your point about it letting the stylus glide is a good one that had not occurred to me.

Thanks.

P.S. I just got a Zagg HD screen protector put on. It does solve the scratch drag problem. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Most reactions