What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this mean my screen has been scratched?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had a screen protector on my ipad 2 since the moment I opened it. I've been using the Flick joystick to play Gangstar for awhile, and it's never had any side effects, like scratching.

Today, I was playing Aralon also using the Flick joystick, and after I was done, I noticed a few lines/scuff marks where the Flick was. Now I can see some discoloration in those spots. I don't really know how to describe it, it looks all rainbow-ish. It's especially noticeable when I have a white background on. It looks similar to the way a tv screen looks when it gets scratched.

Does this mean I've scratched the screen? I can't understand how it would have scratched considering I have a screen protector on and the Flick never scratched the screen before.

I've tried rubbing the spots with a microfiber cloth, but it's not helping. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But are these marks on the screen protector? Surely, that's what it's there for - to protect the screen. It doesn't prevent the protector itself from getting scratched. The whole idea is that you can replace the protector at relatively low cost and not have to worry about the screen.

Tim

Most reactions