What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Protector on Ipad3

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the Ipad3 REALLY need one? I dont rough house with it, no small kids. I dont just want to buy one just to be spending money. And if so what do you all recommend?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
no it doesn't need one. some people like them just to real safe about having extra protection on the screen just in case an accident happens.

I had one on my screen when I had the iPad first generation. I got the $50 ghost armor that covered both the back and front of the iPad with scratch proof material. I got to say that I did like the ghost armor for it adding extra grip, protecting it from scratchs, etc....

This time around I will not be using a screen protector, instead I got the AppleCare for $99 that will cover it for 2 years. If something happens to the iPad ill just have it replaced.

I do however plan to get a life proof case for the iPad once they are available.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice.....I am saving me 30 bucks and no screen protector. Thanks

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have been using the original iPad for almost two years with no screen protector and do not have one scratch on the screen. Will not use one on my new iPad either.

huayangnianhua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think it's absolutely needed so long as you buy an ipad 3 beacuse it can protect and decorate your device better... but now, i even don't know what the new ipad is on earth?...

Ms Deb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a screen protector. Even though I buy a case, I don't tend to use it unless I am travelling. I usually throw my iPad in my purse, and I don't want my keys, or anything else scratching the screen. I love handbags, so beyond making sure my iPad will fit there is no other criteria such as special pockets - fashion wins every time. A screen protector is necessary for my piece of mind.

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a mirrored screen protector on both my iPod touch and iPad. I used it more for the privacy and mirror effect than for protection. I use this screen protector in combination with a leather case.

I just wouldn't trust putting the iPad into my bag or briefcase without some sort of protection. As a previous poster mentioned, the screen would be prone to scratches from keys, pens and other such objects.

I'm hoping that the new iPad does not require a new case. I've been there done that 3 times over with the iPod Touch :thumbsdown:

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I'm probably over-cautious, but I have the AcaseView screen protector film clear on the front and love it - got it from Amazon. I also have the Fintie 360 rotating case from Amazon on my ipad2, but it is a snug fit depth-wise, so it WON'T fit on the ipad3 when I get it Fri- bummer, really like its floral print! I ordered the Fosman rotating case, but will probably swap it out when Fintie comes out with their iPad 3 cases... With the film cover, I clean it with a microfiber cloth every so often - I spay some flat-screen cleaner on the cloth and wipe the front - gets totally clean. I also have a neoprene sleeve that I keep in my work bag. It was tough to fins one that would fit the iPad in its cover into it. I got the caselogic PLS-9 net book sleeve for 7-inch to 10-inch net books, and my iPad 2 in its cover JUST fits. The new iPad will also fit - plenty of room for the slightly bigger depth... Btw, for the Fosman, I thought that it was one rotating case style with about 5 different colors, but the cases are slightly different. I ordered the navy and it's stitching across the back goes across the whole way, and the iPad 'stands' against the microfiber part. The yellow case is the same way. The brown & red cases though are slightly different - the stitching doesn't go all the way across, and for their ipad2 case of this sort, lots of people complained on amazon that to didn't stand up very well... The stitching on the navy case though looks the same as my Fintie case, which works great. I also LOVE my angled-cushion padded iPad stand from padded spaces (another amazon find). I sit on the couch in the evening and it props it up just right. You can adjust the angle on it to where you want.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About AppleCare, does it cover against screen scratches or does it only cover actual breakage?

Most reactions

Latest posts